Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Butter Cake

Talking Butter Cake

Has anyone got a recipe for Butter Cake? My son tasted it at the Continental Market and now wants me to make him one. I know the ones in Lidl are good, but he wants a home made one.
    Thanx
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - CONFUCIUS

Default cake

2 cups sifted cake flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup butter
    3/4 cup [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]brown [COLOR=orange! important]sugar[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], firmly packed
    2 egg yolks
    2/3 cup milk
    1 [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]teaspoon[/COLOR][/COLOR] vanilla

Sift flour once, measure, then add [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]baking [COLOR=orange! important]powder[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] and salt. Sift all together two more times.
    Cream butter; add sugar gradually, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, beating well. Add flour mixture alternately with the milk, beating after each addition until smooth. Stir in [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]vanilla[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Pour batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan. Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; carefully remove to a rack to cool thoroughly.

ta much will try it this weekend. cheers!!
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - CONFUCIUS