Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Original House Inhabitants ?

Default Original House Inhabitants ?

I'm very keen to know the occupants of a dwelling which is still inhabited, but the tenant doesn't have any knowledge more than the a single generation ago.

The house in question was where my Mother was born and her family lived in it at that time - 1929.

How would I go about finding out more about this house and who, possibly, the original inhabitants were ?

Thanks for any help provided !
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Depending on the house in question, if it was a croft house then the commission should hold info on all the occupants,
    What type of house is it?

The Caithness Archive Centre has copies of Valuation Roll's and Censuses which should be able to help you.

Thank you Skifter for your information
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "