Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Do birds Tweet ?

Default Do birds Tweet ?

Last week I bought a niger seed feeder and added to the collection of feeders on my tree. It was ignored for a day then some braver tits started pecking away. However after a couple of days I got up one morning to see two beautiful little goldfinches sitting one each side, swinging and pecking away. Now they come every day.

How did they know? I've never seen them in the garden before. Who told them this particular tree suddenly had their favourite food?
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Maybe they twitter as well
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I had a few Goldfinches in my garden just after the cold spell at the end of last year. I suspect they fly around a bit and keep their eyes open.

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Maybe they twitter as well
    Don't confuse me - twitter is the system, tweet is what you do (except I don't). So they use twitter to tweet n'est pas?

I have to say it's always amazed me how birds know who has seeds etc in their gardens. Maybe a little birdie tells them?lol
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I have to say it's always amazed me how birds know who has seeds etc in their gardens. Maybe a little birdie tells them?lol
    I'm going to have to get a better camera. Tried twice to take pics. through the window but it's just too far so not clear enough. They are sooo beautiful. Little robin is most friendly even though he doesn't get to the feeders but has to peck around on the ground. Had a nice conversation the other day

Aye you'll need a good zoom lens to capture them badger. Ha ha I wonder what you and the wee robin were saying to each other?

I love seeing, and listening to, the birdies in the garden. On the days there aren't any it seems so deathly quiet.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"