Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Kamikaze Chaffinch

Default Kamikaze Chaffinch

How do I stop a Kamikaze Chaffinch attacking his reflection in our patio windows, I've tried putting a photo of a hawk there but that doesn't work. Any serious idea's would be appreciated.

http://www.ehow.com/info_7784514_hom...49d48bffc6%2C0

This site may give you some other ideas, Ashes
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

I have a large dreamcatcher stuck to my window with blutak - seems to work. In my last house I had some round stencil-type things stuck to my windows after a few birds knocked themselves out - they're plastic and stick by themselves, sorry don't know what they're called. Only one window causing a problem here but since I stuck the dreamcatcher on it they have stopped. Very distressing picking up little unconscious birds although I did manage to revive one last year.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

"Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I have a large dreamcatcher stuck to my window with blutak - seems to work. In my last house I had some round stencil-type things stuck to my windows after a few birds knocked themselves out - they're plastic and stick by themselves, sorry don't know what they're called. Only one window causing a problem here but since I stuck the dreamcatcher on it they have stopped. Very distressing picking up little unconscious birds although I did manage to revive one last year.
    This Chaffinch isn't injuring himself hes just attacking his reflection and its getting annoying, I put up a shape of a hawk but that doesn't work.