Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Pancakes

Default Pancakes

I found a recipe online for pancakes and went and made them. For my liking they were not sweet at all. I like the thick and sweet pancakes. My son who will give anything a try did not like them. He actually cried at the idea of finshing it!

So that one scrapped!

Does anyone have a recipe for thick and sweet pancakes?
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

4 heaped tablespoons self raising flour
    4 rounded of caster sugar or syrup(can get away with less)
    1 large egg
    milk to make a thickish batter.
    Ladle out onto a greased girdle and cook on 1st side until bubbles appear on the top of the batter then turn.
    If too hot you will get burned on the top and raw in middle if too cool they take forever and end up rubbery!

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    4 heaped tablespoons self raising flour
    4 rounded of caster sugar or syrup(can get away with less)
    1 large egg
    milk to make a thickish batter.
    Ladle out onto a greased girdle and cook on 1st side until bubbles appear on the top of the batter then turn.
    If too hot you will get burned on the top and raw in middle if too cool they take forever and end up rubbery!
    Thank you. Will give it a try later and see how Sami and I like them this time.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by Vistravi View Post
    Does anyone have a recipe for thick and sweet pancakes?
    The recipe you were using with less milk and more sugar?

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    The recipe you were using with less milk and more sugar?
    Almost the same of milk and with sugar. Also self raising flour! Don't quite get why i didn't figure that one out first.

Very similar recipes but with different flour and different results and taste.

I posted it on another thread here... but, they are sweet so thought I'd repost.

this recipe is in volume measurements rather than weight.1 cup plain flour, (i always add a quarter cup oat bran but, it is unnecessary) 2 tsp. Baking powder, half teaspoon salt, heaping tablespoon brown sugar (can use honey instead but, add to wet ingredients instead!), dash of cinnamon. Mix all this in a pouring pitcher. Then in a separate bowl 1 egg, 1 tablespoon oil, dash of vanilla essence, 1 cup milk. Mix this well then add to your 'dry' mixture, stirring together well, but, not till smooth... Leave it a wee bit lumpy.. i like to let it sit for a few minutes too. Add oil to frying pan on medium heat and pour in batter the size of pancakes you want and wait for them to bubble up then flip! My daughter asks for them nearly every morning. We eat them with butter and real maple syrup. You can also add oat bran, mashed bananas, powdered flax seed or even chocolate chips! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by roadbowler View Post
    I posted it on another thread here... but, they are sweet so thought I'd repost.

this recipe is in volume measurements rather than weight.1 cup plain flour, (i always add a quarter cup oat bran but, it is unnecessary) 2 tsp. Baking powder, half teaspoon salt, heaping tablespoon brown sugar (can use honey instead but, add to wet ingredients instead!), dash of cinnamon. Mix all this in a pouring pitcher. Then in a separate bowl 1 egg, 1 tablespoon oil, dash of vanilla essence, 1 cup milk. Mix this well then add to your 'dry' mixture, stirring together well, but, not till smooth... Leave it a wee bit lumpy.. i like to let it sit for a few minutes too. Add oil to frying pan on medium heat and pour in batter the size of pancakes you want and wait for them to bubble up then flip! My daughter asks for them nearly every morning. We eat them with butter and real maple syrup. You can also add oat bran, mashed bananas, powdered flax seed or even chocolate chips! Good luck!
    Cheers i'll give your reciepe a go oin tuesday

I have tried many recipes, but the best by far is the old fashioned granny's one
    8oz of sr flour
    2oz castor sugar
    1 tblsp syrup
    1 eggs
    1 teasp of bicarb
    salt and milk to mix
    The sr flour and bicarb makes them really thick and fluffy mmmmm. This is definately the best recipe out of the many I have tried