Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: laptop advice

Default laptop advice

Hi was wondering what anyone thought of the following laptop as i was planning buying one
    Toshiba C660 640GB 15.6 Inch Laptop or ACER 5742 Core i5 laptop with 4GB memory

any advice be very helpful

Depending on what you are using the laptop for but personaly I would go for the Acer as it has a newer processor and from general experience with acer laptops.
    Freelance Website Designer & Developer
    Just ask me for examples of my work

Don't go for the Acer!! The amount of problematic ones my partner has gotten in to fix is unbeliveable. The acer aspire for example has a chronic problem with motherboard failure. To replace it you'd honestly be better of buying a new laptop.

The Toshiba seems ok but i would shop around for a dual core if you want more power. 4GB ram is good and battrey life is good.

Have a look at this one as it would be that bit faster than the Toshiba.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dell-Inspiron-...item35b03a2012
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by caithnessloon View Post
    Hi was wondering what anyone thought of the following laptop as i was planning buying one
    Toshiba C660 640GB 15.6 Inch Laptop or ACER 5742 Core i5 laptop with 4GB memory

any advice be very helpful
    If ure happy with a 15.6 inch screen you should look at some of the laptops that have battery power to last 4 to 5 hrs u get that in the 15.6 range.
    Touch wood i have hp laptop has been ok so far but would love laptop with good battery life in it?
    Im a great believer in u either get a good one or a bad one but thats just me