Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Kennels in Caithness

Default Dog Kennels in Caithness

I was hoping to go away for a couple of nights soon but need to find a kennel for my dog, could anyone tell me if Ramscraig is any good and what they charge etc. as that is where i'm thinking of putting him.

Thanks

Don't know if you would be going by car or if you would be wanting to take your dog part of the way but we always use Ardross Kennels which are run by Clem and Trish Munro. It is just at Tain and they are excellent. They give their guests plenty of exercise and are so good to them. Our dog just needs to hear the word holidays and he get so excited as he knows he is off to see his friends! They can be contacted on 01862842484 and I would use them before I would use anyone else.

Thanks for that aidipi, unfortunately i don't drive so couldn't get that far south, but i'll keep it mind incase i'm getting a lift next time.

Has anyone used long green kennels in keiss, could you tell me if they are any good?

Don't use Long green, i wouldn't put my pet rat out there!!!. Ramscraigs are 1st class kennels Paula and Graham are lovely people who care about the dogs. Not sure what this years rates are though. Hope this helps

donss Guest

I have used Ramscraigs at Dunbeath (Graham) for our two Boxers, and couldn't fault them at all: Just about to arrange a 3 weeks stay for them again for July: hope I'm not too late....

Thanks for all the advice everyone, do u have to book well in advance to get them in?
    Last edited by kel24; 25-Feb-11 at 02:07.

there's a lady called Tia Smith sort of opposite Dounreay who offers dog boarding in her kennels.
    she's very nice but don't know what she charges.
    TIA.SMITH@ SKY.COM 07857695950

Thanks for that tatbabe, i might give her a call and find out more.

i always put my dog to longgreen at keiss and i have no problems with ray so i would like to know why he always gets slated

I have to say i have never used him, but have heard nothing but bad things about the kennels, so i think i will stay well clear and go with someone else, i don't want to take the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsC2011 View Post
    i always put my dog to longgreen at keiss and i have no problems with ray so i would like to know why he always gets slated
    We take our mog there and she is ALWAYS pampered - I don't know why people have a problem with it, but if it is going on something that happened in the past, I can assure you that it is a great place now!
    "Music is Forever" Paul Simon
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels" Thomas Carlyle
    www.music-monster.co.uk

Really?
    Whats the state of the kennel facilities now?
    Is it all heated and lighted with easy to clean surfaces now...
    And the cattery bit?

In my day, kennels were just that! You left the pet somewhere that you knew it would be cared for (fed, watered, exercised and spoken to) but heating and lighting didn't come into it!
    Longgreen is where we've taken our cat for a few hols now and she always seems much happier than she did at the other catteries that she has stayed at.

I put my cat to longreen a few years ago he'd just had his vaccs and he had a slight allergic reaction to it so i asked the irish man to keep an eye on it. When i went to pick him up i asked how he'd been and he said he'd no idea as his kids (who were quite young then) were doing the cats!. Also he had an excercise pen for the dogs but it was full of long untrampled grass??? and the two times we put the dogs there they came out thin and both had upset tummies. He may have bucked up his ideas but i would never use those kennels again.

I'm glad your cat has a nice time there, however my dog did not so therefore I would not use this establishment again

My dog came back in a terrible state, after I used them, although after sending the pics to someone privately today they said it was to be expected as she was left for 17 days and dogs get stressed!!!!!!!!!
    Lord knows how they survive in rescue kennels for months then eh?
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

i used the lady at upper dounreay for my dogs when we were moving up, she was very good, the dogs were sad when they come home as they missed being with her,lol, she has them living in her home to, will use again when i go away,

unicorn if ur have something to be bitchy about then say it to me

Unicorns photos I got ages ago expain everything to me clearly as well as the condition I got Benson back in when he went into Longgreen Kennels THE ONCE as well as the resulting vet bill we had to endure afterwards as well as the time off I had to take to get him back to health!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast