Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: who is god

Default who is god

If god created Adam and Eve then who is god, it cant be Jesus as he was created by god ??

Blasphemy! Thou shalt burn in the fiery pits of hell for all eternity!

Religion's a lot of pish, isn't it?
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

If you were born a few thousand years ago in Greece you'd believe there were many gods.

Same if you were born in ancient egypt, or 1000 years ago in Scandanavia.

If you were born 20 years ago in the deep amazon, you might believe in Juju in the mountain.

The abrahamic god of judaism, Christianity, Islam etc is just another set of beliefs that will die in time.

They can't all be right.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

I believe you'll find all the answers you are looking for here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUQcCvX2MKk

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post

hahahha love it made me lol

Gosh, doesn't Griff Rhys Jones look young in that? He obviously hasn't discovered the elixir of youth! The others don't look so different today. Especially Pam.

Oops, what was this thread about?

Steven Hawking's new book is called Why God Did Not Create the Universe. Has anyone read it?

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    Gosh, doesn't Griff Rhys Jones look young in that? He obviously hasn't discovered the elixir of youth! The others don't look so different today. Especially Pam.

Oops, what was this thread about?

Steven Hawking's new book is called Why God Did Not Create the Universe. Has anyone read it?

nope but might go look for it......just need answer as to why thing happen..

Try this one then for more words of spiritual wisdom from somewhat younger looking soothsayers....
    Last edited by orkneycadian; 19-Feb-11 at 15:41.

Religion tells us how to think and act but for some people it can be a guide. If we are left to find our own path we could all find our true selves.

I personally believe that there is no god. I believe our souls are on a path and in our lives we have to discover the path we should be on.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Try this one then for more words of sprititual wisdom from somewhat younger looking soothsayers....
    Lol! I couldn't understand a word Rowan Atkinson said. The other soothsayers do indeed look young. There's also an interview with Pam filmed in 1971. I have been turned to jelly. Whoever created her knew what they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by donnick View Post
    If god created Adam and Eve then who is god, it cant be Jesus as he was created by god ??
    Depends if you are asking about God in the context of religion or God as the creator the universe or God as God. God is a name perhaps given to a concept rather than a "who".

IMHO there is no god as such, we were created from source and source created the universes and everything in them. We are all energy, all connected to everything full stop. It is human nature to try to label things. Perhaps as "GOD" is such a personal concept there is not definitive answer to the question?

K

Quote Originally Posted by donnick View Post
    Are you actually, genuinely asking, because I would be quite happy to explain a few things if you are... Or are you just writing to see what responses you get?

Quite seriously, Theology is an awesome subject irrespective of whether you believe in God or not, because it teaches you so much about people and their need/love of myths, higher beings and understanding of the earth.
    Last edited by The Music Monster; 19-Feb-11 at 14:38. Reason: Wrong word - doh!
    "Music is Forever" Paul Simon
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels" Thomas Carlyle
    www.music-monster.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by The Music Monster View Post
    Theology is an awesome subject irrespective of whether you believe in God or not, because it teaches you so much about people and their need/love of myths, higher beings and understanding of the earth.
    I can't pretend that I've studied theology, and I'm certainly no expert, but I do believe that religion is the result of the human need to understand and comprehend what they see around them.

I've often thought of reading a few books on the subject.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by The Music Monster View Post
    Quite seriously, Theology is an awesome subject irrespective of whether you believe in God or not, because it teaches you so much about people and their need/love of myths, higher beings and understanding of the earth.
    Can you suggest some books for a beginner to start with? Preferably ones that theorise and cover all the angles rather than preach and assume belief.

Whether or not we believe in anything beyond physical reality, I'm sure any Theology book would be better than the empty claim that energy is all there is! Empty statements rarely impress.

Who cares.

Anyway, If there is a God, and I dont think there is personally, he is having a laugh. Just look at the duck billed platypus and the faces humans make mid coitus.

Theology .. loads of boring people arguing over who is right on issues that no can be sure even exists .. *yawn*

I care. So do many others, and I'm sure many of us yawn at you yawning at us.

Can you suggest some books for a beginner to start with?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunken Duck View Post
    Who cares.
    I care.
    I think your done for now, SIS, having lusted after Pamela Stevenson earlier in the thread! (twice!) 10th commandment - "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours wife, especially when thine neighbour is Billy Connolly!"

I think your done for now, SIS, having lusted after Pamela Stevenson earlier in the thread! (twice!) 10th commandment - "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours wife, especially when thine neighbour is Billy Connolly!"
    Lol! I put up my hands on that one.

My excuse is that she wasn't his wife in the clips I lusted after her in. Time to run for the hills and seek enlightenment in a burning bush I think.

God is the answer to our questions, carved out of our own fear.
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    ..... but I do believe that religion is the result of the human need to understand and comprehend what they see around them......

i totally agree.
    as far as i am concerned, "god" whatever it or he/she is...

is something created to give explaination to all things unknown (or known lol)
    to give strength to those who need to believe there is something looking out for them, or somewhere better to go
    for those who can't accept that when a life ends, and we just cease to exist.
    is a guidance for someone who's not sure how to go about their own life.

i personally do not believe in any god or such like.
    i think its codswallop.
    i personally think religion causes more conflict than it does good!

but i dont think any less of someone who has a faith.
    if thats what they want or need in their life, well it works for them.
    so who are we to burst their bubble.
    Last edited by annemarie482; 19-Feb-11 at 19:18.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast