Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the police above the law???

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    There are at least two so-called unmarked Focus estates in Caithness. A silver 10 plate and black 55 plate one.
    I'm quite surprised, if true, that the police are still using a 55 plate. It's quite rare to see a police car more than 3 years old.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

If they are driving for police purposes then they can break speed limits, they DO NOT need to have blue lights the DO NOT need to use the siren, have you ever considered they were doing it to catch up with somebody or on a 999 call or maybe the blue lights are not working?

If you read the Roadcraft manual on how to drive it tells you to overtake like you are describing....so they are not in the wrong

what is the issue?, rather than come on a public forum and complain about the police go down to the station and speak to an officer about it rather than complain anonymously to make the police seem bad.

they do an excellent job

A copper was late for his shift. Big deal.
    But as you say, if it were you.....

Quote Originally Posted by pottheed View Post
    they do an excellent job
    Well, I've just been taught a lesson today!

When I saw you posted here, with a user name like that, I was sure your comment would not be in the police's favour.

Just shows you how jumping to conclusions can lead you up the wrong path!
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

If they are driving for police purposes then they can break speed limits, they DO NOT need to have blue lights the DO NOT need to use the siren, have you ever considered they were doing it to catch up with somebody or on a 999 call or maybe the blue lights are not working?

If you read the Roadcraft manual on how to drive it tells you to overtake like you are describing....so they are not in the wrong

what is the issue?, rather than come on a public forum and complain about the police go down to the station and speak to an officer about it rather than complain anonymously to make the police seem bad.

they do an excellent job
    They most defo in wrong if driving to an emergency without blues and twos.

Northern constabulary and excellent job in the same sentance?! Not in my experiance.
    Now where is the nice PC Forbes? Damn, hes been sacked.

explain how? since the law states they do not need to, if they need to make up ground on someone then the blue lights could give the game away....

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    Why on earth would the Police Force need an unmarked Ford Focus Estate???
    Surely all unmarked cars have a bit of "Umph" about them, not a family runabout suitable for carrying the pet dogs?
    Something fishy here methinks !!

C3......
    They might buy a cheap car with a big load space because it doesn't cost much and carries a lot of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by drotax View Post
    Today on my way home from work noticed the local police setting a great example to other drivers on the road.

1st of all...

We were driving back to wick on the watten road at 60MPH (The speed limit) when the unmarked 10 plate silver focus estate car passed us so was obviously speeding.
    Could have been on a shout. You have no way of knowing wether his 'speeding' was legit or not. Live with it. Move on.

Secondly...

With the car passed myself, the driver of the unmarked car seemed to be in a bit of a rush to pass everything and was forever in the middle of the road to see what was coming. One of his maneuvers includes passing a silver estate car at bilbster whilst a black pickup truck/jeep was coming towards us at around 4pm.
    By the time we got passed the car at bilbster the unmarked car was well of into the distance.

If it was the unmarked car following me i am certain i would have been pulled over!

What a great example of save driving to set to other drivers in the county after the other weeks tragedy!

I dont see any glaring examples of bad driving in your expert asessment of Plods' progress.

I think maybe someone has a bit of a problem with Plod.

Been nicked for traffic offences recently, have we?

Are the police above the law???
    Masons.

What a great example of save driving to set to other drivers in the county after the other weeks tragedy!
    Careful, as it seems you can't discuss problem driving here because it is socially acceptable and a God given right in this county.

Quote Originally Posted by chordie View Post
    Masons.
    Show us your evidence.

Careful, as it seems you can't discuss problem driving here because it is socially acceptable and a God given right in this county.
    Wrong, only insensitive morons who go out of their way to cause trouble on a thread about a remembarance/charity run are targeted.

Not bothered about there driving it is the attitude that they have social skills have a lot to be desired, more chance of them breaking the the law than me, do not have my respect, A police person should be put forward by the public a local. Good Pension for a traffic warden!!

Quote Originally Posted by cullpacket View Post
    ........ A police person should be put forward by the public a local......
    What? No chance. I wouldn't trust the public to vote in a carrier pigeon without prejudice or favouritism.

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    I'm quite surprised, if true, that the police are still using a 55 plate. It's quite rare to see a police car more than 3 years old.
    Its based in thurso as far as im aware, and they have had it like most, if not all of their(our) vehicles since new. Its exact number plate escapes me just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    Why on earth would the Police Force need an unmarked Ford Focus Estate???
    Surely all unmarked cars have a bit of "Umph" about them, not a family runabout suitable for carrying the pet dogs?
    Something fishy here methinks !!

C3......
    Police have a focus diesel police car,i could pass them on my pushbike!

Quote Originally Posted by ar View Post
    its based in thurso as far as im aware, and they have had it like most, if not all of their(our) vehicles since new. Its exact number plate escapes me just now.
    sy55 ...

Some 'funny' attitiudes on this subject..
    Remember...The Police are the Public and the Public are the Police'!

might be ----byo LOL!

explain how? since the law states they do not need to, if they need to make up ground on someone then the blue lights could give the game away....
    Or the same blue lights could warn the public and also warn the criminal that someone is on their tail and that he/she should stop cos their nos up.

@ Walter ego - I actually have a clean license i am proud to say

Both my work colleague and I were in the car were quiet surprised that the police officer would be speeding through all the traffic like that.

If he was coming back to wick for a call then fair dues..... but i cana see why the would call one officer back from thurso to a call in wick?

Surely they arent that short staffed are they?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast