Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the police above the law???

Angry Are the police above the law???

Today on my way home from work noticed the local police setting a great example to other drivers on the road.

1st of all...

We were driving back to wick on the watten road at 60MPH (The speed limit) when the unmarked 10 plate silver focus estate car passed us so was obviously speeding.

Secondly...

With the car passed myself, the driver of the unmarked car seemed to be in a bit of a rush to pass everything and was forever in the middle of the road to see what was coming. One of his maneuvers includes passing a silver estate car at bilbster whilst a black pickup truck/jeep was coming towards us at around 4pm.
    By the time we got passed the car at bilbster the unmarked car was well of into the distance.

If it was the unmarked car following me i am certain i would have been pulled over!

What a great example of save driving to set to other drivers in the county after the other weeks tragedy!

Always have been and always will be .

It annoys me soooo much!!

What, you think that if the Polis drove sedately and carefully all the time then all the eejit drivers in our County would miraculously improve?
    Aye right!
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

No i dont think that at all!

But you would think if they are going to enforce the law they would follow it also!

People drive how they want to drive,if they are the law or not,that's the way it is and the way it will always be!

Default police drivers

Quote Originally Posted by drotax View Post
    Today on my way home from work noticed the local police setting a great example to other drivers on the road.

1st of all...

We were driving back to wick on the watten road at 60MPH (The speed limit) when the unmarked 10 plate silver focus estate car passed us so was obviously speeding.

Secondly...

With the car passed myself, the driver of the unmarked car seemed to be in a bit of a rush to pass everything and was forever in the middle of the road to see what was coming. One of his maneuvers includes passing a silver estate car at bilbster whilst a black pickup truck/jeep was coming towards us at around 4pm.
    By the time we got passed the car at bilbster the unmarked car was well of into the distance.

If it was the unmarked car following me i am certain i would have been pulled over!

What a great example of save driving to set to other drivers in the county after the other weeks tragedy!
    DID IT NEVER OCCUR TO YOU THAT THEY MIGHT BE ON AN EMERGENCY CAll .

Quote Originally Posted by suth13 View Post
    I'm actually with the original poster here.

If the police need to break the rules of the road for an emergency they should be displaying lights and sirens to let the public know.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by suth13 View Post

If they were on an emergency call, they would have been on blue lights and plenty of noise.

If you're worried about someone's unsafe driving you can complain to the Police.

Am I being really dumb here - most likely! - but how did you know it was the police if it was unmarked?
    "Music is Forever" Paul Simon
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels" Thomas Carlyle
    www.music-monster.co.uk

Thumbs down

Why on earth would the Police Force need an unmarked Ford Focus Estate???
    Surely all unmarked cars have a bit of "Umph" about them, not a family runabout suitable for carrying the pet dogs?
    Something fishy here methinks !!

C3......

the lights in the grill, double ariel and the officer behind the wheel gave it away.......

Sure it wasnt a stolen car they were in.

There are at least two so-called unmarked Focus estates in Caithness. A silver 10 plate and black 55 plate one. They are nearly unmarked, as stated the extra ariel and the (so called hidden) lights in the grill give the game away, as does the northern constabulay tax disc holder!!! So much for being invisible! Just slightly harder to notice than a jam sandwich!
    The driving in the middle of the road is a technique they use to see further past traffic and probably in wet conditions avoid the puddles at the side of the road.
    If they were on an emergancy surely the blue ligths were on?
    There are other tell tails other than stated but im not giving them all away!

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    There are other tell tails other than stated but im not giving them all away!
    Erm !!! Why not ?????

C3....confused

People who travel with me know I can tell unmarked police cars in the dark, and they dont know how i do it so I cant risk them finding out via a public forum!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    People who travel with me know I can tell unmarked police cars in the dark, and they dont know how i do it so I cant risk them finding out via a public forum!!!
    Erm, why not????..Isnt that something you would want to share with the whole of the UK?
    I dont understand your logic!!

C3.... :-(

Its just a very annoying knack I have ;-)
    And a few friends have been trying to figure out for years.

Share=no sell=possibly!

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast