Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Scotland v Brazil football match to be played in London?

Default Scotland v Brazil football match to be played in London?

It has been announced that Scotland will play a friendly match against Brazil at Arsenals Emirates Stadium on 27th March.

Arsenals ground has a capacity of 60,355, just slightly less than Celtic's Parkhead (60,832) so it is not being played there just to get a bigger gate.

Anyone know the reason?

Can you imagine the uproar from south of the border if England decided to play a friendly against, say, Spain in Glasgow.
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Brazil are the "home" team.

They chose Scotland as opposition.

It's pretty much an issue of money I think, they can make more money charging £35 a ticket in Europe than they can at home.

EDIT - Theres apparently 160 000 brazilians living in London, so a full house is expected.
    Last edited by theone; 19-Feb-11 at 18:42.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Ticket info here

Make sure if you are going to book early as Arsenal are giving priority to their (Arsenal) fans
    "..The match will kick off at 2pm and the Club is pleased to announce that Arsenal Members are receiving a priority period to purchase tickets for this high profile fixture before tickets for this exciting match go on General Sale.."
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade

Got my ticket yesterday through the Scotland supporters club.

It would seem Arsenal aren't being completely honest, telling their fans they have priority when their tickets go on sale 2 days later!
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    Got my ticket yesterday through the Scotland supporters club.

It would seem Arsenal aren't being completely honest, telling their fans they have priority when their tickets go on sale 2 days later!
    Honesty disappeared in top level football a long time ago.
    Now it is a case of money money money, hence Scotland & Brazil playing a friendly in an alien country.
    The reason why Liverpool fans are angry with Torres going to Chelsea (shirt burning etc) is that early in January he committed his future to Liverpool.
    I wonder if he will offer a refund to all those fans who bought a shirt with his name on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    I wonder if he will offer a refund to all those fans who bought a shirt with his name on it?
    I believe that should be compulsory for teams who sell players mid season.

- Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    I believe that should be compulsory for teams who sell players mid season.
    I,and no doubt many others, would agree 150% on that one