Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Bremner/Campbell/Smith of Thurso and Wick

Default Bremner/Campbell/Smith of Thurso and Wick

Hello! My grandparents were Jane McDonald Bremner and Joseph Smith, married 1921 in Reay. I have been to the Bremner website and have the research going back to Alex Bremner and Jane MacKay. I have a picture of Alexander Bremner and Johan Campbell Bremner which was taken in the 40's. And I am coming to Thurso to visit my Smith cousin! I would be very interested to hear from any other descendants in the area, particularly Bremners as I am somewhat confused about my grandmothers origins. Here in Victoria, Canada she became Jeanie Campbell Smith. There was also a Bill Bremner who we called uncle but I think he was my dad's uncle but don't see mention of him? They came to Canada in the early 20's. I will be in Thurso as of the 18th of February so hope to run into some distant relations!

Default Bremner

I'm working on our family tree and have Alexander Bremner (1895-1961) and Janet Bremner(1891-1964) who had a son David Bremner (1927-1998). David moved to Canada ad his youngest son Patrick is my father-in-law. Do any of these names connect to your efforts?

Matt.

It's unfortunate that Alexander and Janet were such popular names! I don't see yours amongst my paperwork. Where were they from? We were mostly Thurso and Reay but one family was at Durness.

I live in Thurso, my grandmother was Lily Bremner from Durness, her parents were Alex Bremner (b1848) son of Alexander and Jane Mackay, married to Agnes Moffat.
    Enjoy it now there is no second lap.

I had a look across the family tree, My Grandmother Lily Jane b Durness 1897 was first cousin of Alexander Bremner b1867 married to Johan Campbell.
    Enjoy it now there is no second lap.