Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Wheat free bread recipes please

Default Wheat free bread recipes please

Was wondering if any of my fellow Orgers has any "wheat free" recipes.

We cannot buy any bread over hear that isnt made from wheat.Wraps here are a no no.
    Its amazing the number of everyday products you eat that have wheat in them.

Oh missing his "bread" fix.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

You can buy Dove's farm gluten free bread flour from Tesco and there is a bread recipe on the back of the packet. Tesco also stock a huge range of gluten free products, pasta, rolls, breakfast cereal, crumpets, bagels...the list goes on. Good luck

Thats the problem we live on Skye,there.s the coop or the coop.

Their logo "good with food" is a joke.

Have you tried asking them to stock gluten free products? They can only say 'No' Failing that, on line shopping with the dreaded Tesco
    Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!

Ask the coop to stock something that you want,they dont even continue to supply the stuff you want in the first place.

The sooner Tesco's get here the better.

If you see your doctor you can get from bread to pasta ,flour biscuits and lots more gluten free foods on perscription.

Its only for a fortnights trial just now so dont want to go down the route of prescription foods.

I am prepared to make him "bread free" alternatives if someone will give me recipes please.

Rye flour, according to the instructions on the packet takes 3 days to prepare before you can use it.
    I've bought rice and garm flour.They had potato flour too in the healthy food shop so I can buy that aswell.

check out cookingbread.com,there are loads of recipes on there,just look in the wheat and gluten free section.good luck!

another alternative is Highland wholefoods...they stock Dove's farm and a heap of other stuff and will mail it to anywhere in the highlands

You can order it direct from Doves Farm, just google it, they have loads of stuff. There are sites that will send a loaf out as well Some folk say spelt bread is ok, but not sure, you can get spelt flour for that and make your own. In fact must have a try myself, anyone I have talked to say its good.