Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Surprise Endings

Default Surprise Endings

I'd like to know which films have endings that really take you, the viewer, by surprise. Now don't hit me with The Sixth Sense - saw that one coming fifteen to twenty minutes into the movie and wrote it on a note just to prove it to Mrs Sporrans.

My gift, or curse, is to see these things coming a mile off, to the extent that Mrs Sporrans now takes it for granted and without thinking, asks me how films or TV shows are going to develop.

So come on Orgers, throw me a few ideas for films that might get me thinking "Didn't see that coming..."
    Blazing Sporrans
    "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail...." Ralph Waldo Emerson

I did not like the ending in Titanic
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Best ending is Bad Lieutenant the Keitel version of course worth watching just for his performance.

Carlittos Way ( Pacino ) ..never anticipated the ending

Book of Eli, im usually quite good at predicting movies too but that one i did not in a million years expect!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Sorry; probably way off course here, but if you want to read a book with a surprise ending that'll blow your socks off then read...

"Roses Are Red" by James Patterson.

Best book for "surprise ending" I've ever read !

Films - Well there's "Shutter Island".... I've never seen it cos I read the book and therefore knew the ending, but I must admit, once again, the book ending was just brilliant - quite a shocker of an ending !!!
    Last edited by cherokee; 27-Feb-11 at 19:09.
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "