Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: gibson epiphone electric guitar

Default gibson epiphone electric guitar

very very good condition gibson epiphone electric guitar. has been used in several concerts and is in same nick as when bought.

This item is only being sold as it is no longer needed by the owner. it is a very good guitar and needs a good home.

the asking price is £150 and will not go below that.

Please contact -

Ian Crawford

could u post a picture of it?

if u dont know how to do so make a www.photobucket.com account! its free
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Or, if you use Imageshack (www.imageshack.us) you don't even need to sign up

Quote Originally Posted by wicker View Post
    very very good condition gibson epiphone electric guitar.
    what exactly do u mean by "gibson epiphone"? like, which is it?

Epiphone are a sub company of Gibson.

I wanna know what model it is. Les Paul? SG? etc

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Epiphone are a sub company of Gibson.
    indeed they are but there was a time when they stood alongside Gibson in the quality stakes before they became Epiphone by Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    indeed they are but there was a time when they stood alongside Gibson in the quality stakes before they became Epiphone by Gibson
    Yup, very true my good man, very true.

Text the number on the original and he will send a pic through his phone

There was a time, not that long ago, late 90's iirc, that the quality coming out of Gibson was so variable, that you stood a better chance of getting a playable instrument from Epiphone. I beleive Gibson have improved their quality checking these days though.

Even still, those Epiphones are usually pretty decent guitars, and excellent value for the money they go for. Certainly much more guiter for the pound than a 'genuine' Gibson...

They went Japanese in between.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

They make some Epiphones in Japan now. But they charge such silly prices for them, you'd be better off getting the Gibson model.

I ain't so sure about the modern Gibson's being so great Kev. They still let a lot of rubbish out of the factory.

They make some Epiphones in Japan now. But they charge such silly prices for them, you'd be better off getting the Gibson model.

I ain't so sure about the modern Gibson's being so great Kev. They still let a lot of rubbish out of the factory.
    Oh yeah, no argument from me there, but they are a little better than they were. Never been much of a gibson fan, always think you can get a lot more guitar for your money elsewhere...

Talking

i got an epiphone and its not too bad. nothing amazing but its a basic "just acceptable" sound.

have to admit (please dont throw a tirade of abuse at me) i kinda like the sound out of a decent BC RICH.

but a decent one costs a mint.

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    i got an epiphone and its not too bad. nothing amazing but its a basic "just acceptable" sound.

have to admit (please dont throw a tirade of abuse at me) i kinda like the sound out of a decent BC RICH.

but a decent one costs a mint.
    80's US made Rich's can be really nice guitars. Have a reputation for outlandish shapes, but the handmade mid/early 80's ones can be crackers. Hamer is another of the 'metal' guitar names from the 80's that actually make really nice guitars... And not that well known these days, so you can sometimes pick up a craking guitar for a relatively low price

To throw another name into the hat... I'm quite fond of the Tokai line of guitars. Japanese/Korean made. Look fantastic and with a good setup, will play better than a Gibson. I've been considering an SG for a long time, but I'm in the middle of putting together another Telecaster, so, it's out of the window... for now.

Not a big fan of Gibson's now. Just big money for not a lot of guitar. I wouldn't say no to one mind you, but, it wouldn't be top of my shopping list.

Not a big fan of Gibson's now. Just big money for not a lot of guitar. I wouldn't say no to one mind you, but, it wouldn't be top of my shopping list.
    Yeah, if someone threw a nice LP at me, then after getting back up, and saying ouch, I wouldnt turn it down. But I'm not likely to be willing to pay the money they're looking for for one.

Default gison vs epiphone

my 2 lads have a gibson sg standard and a gibson les paul studio, they also have a epiphone sg and a les paul.the epiphones are really good sounding guitars,but when it comes to the crunch they are no match for the gibsons.