Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bfest 2011

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Metalattakk
    multi-quote
    madness
    mode
    engaged
    absolute
    genius
    my
    man !!
    Meh. Kudos due, and offered.

"It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by fingalmacool View Post
    Methinks that B-fest is only promoting local bands from the Wick side of Caithness, and the scraps will be pushed out to whoever wants to play off in a battle of the bands competition, harks back to the bad old days of when Wick Academy wouldn't take any interest in any one from the other side of Watten, oh dear!!!!!

Eh day Academy started playing Tea-na-bowlies is the same day ma season ticket went in eh bucket!!!

Ah've nivver been back. It's bad enough they play biys fae Poltney!!
    Week will inherit the earth.....

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRob View Post
    Eh day Academy started playing Tea-na-bowlies is the same day ma season ticket went in eh bucket!!!

Ah've nivver been back. It's bad enough they play biys fae Poltney!!
    I don't know if you have noticed WeeRob but the Academy play in Poltney

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Cowie View Post
    LMAO Priceless
    Oedipus was the first man to plug the generation gap

Default What have you got to do to keep this thread red hot

OK hands up which bands are going to take up the offer of entering into the pissing contest
    of getting on the bill
    "There's no such thing as bad publicity" if Jordon said that it's bullocks? it's an o isn't it, dam this spell-check

I'm wondering; is my band considered "from doon sooth"? Or is any band who reside south of Helmsdale reckoned so?

Dirty southerner... we don't take kindly to your type around here

I'm quite interested if they do hold a "battle of the bands".

Where's it gonna be and do they need a big pa? . . . . . .

Nah, I dont believe it

Nah, I dont believe it
    Better watch out or we might not let you in tomorrow, with you being a part time "Weeker" now.

Better watch out or we might not let you in tomorrow, with you being a part time "Weeker" now.
    We !!!! What does that make me........ "one of them" lol lol

A mere concession to the plebs.
    Week will inherit the earth.....

Quote Originally Posted by fingalmacool View Post
    OK hands up which bands are going to take up the offer of entering into the pissing contest
    of getting on the bill
    A pissing contest - now that would be cheaper than running a battle of the bands....

If I were to pick the best 3 bands out of Caithness - in my opinion - then that would be a fault aswell as I wasn't giving everyone a fair go blah blah blah....

Or we could do it this way - the bands that moan the least get to play.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicWicker View Post
    - the bands that moan the least get to play.

That wasn't a moan- just their self-penned material.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicWicker View Post
    A pissing contest - now that would be cheaper than running a battle of the bands....

If I were to pick the best 3 bands out of Caithness - in my opinion - then that would be a fault aswell as I wasn't giving everyone a fair go blah blah blah....

Or we could do it this way - the bands that moan the least get to play.
    Why go through the charade of Battle of the Bands, just pick three bands you like and job done, it's your baby so get on with it, and if people don't like them at the Bfest then they will drift off to the other stage etc.
    It would be interesting to know how to pick which bands on the night,,,,clapometer, a panel of judges? where would it be held etc etc
    Can the moaning be incorporated in the song performed on the night, so many questions yak yakity yak

Genuine question: The band I play in features - and has featured - around a dozen or so Caithness musicians. Although we are based in Edinburgh, does this make us an Edinburgh or Caithness band? Or an Edinburgh-based Caithness band? Or merely a bunch of soft, southern nancies?

[QUOTE=MusicWicker;822976]There a 3 slots up for grabs via the battle of the bands which will be held around June.

The best 3 bands in Caithness will be playing Bfest - thats all that matters isn't it?

Pepsi I suspect from this previous posting by Ryan that you have to be based in Caithness not Edinburgh but that may change who knows? I'm sure Ryan will enlighten you.

For the sake of clarity, I have no interest in playing at Bfest. Not just because we wouldn't have the time or means, but I'd like to see as many slots go to bands from and regularly playing within Caithness.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Genuine question: The band I play in features - and has featured - around a dozen or so Caithness musicians. Although we are based in Edinburgh, does this make us an Edinburgh or Caithness band? Or an Edinburgh-based Caithness band? Or merely a bunch of soft, southern nancies?
    +1 for Nancies.

I like the idea of a battle of the bands, if just for something else to go and see. nfortunately the number of caithness bands is dwindling at the moment so can't imagine ther will be many playing at it however.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    unfortunately the number of caithness bands is dwindling at the moment so can't imagine ther will be many playing at it however.
    Aye, the great big Caithness band depression of the second decade of the new millenium is upon us.

I don't support BOTB's in anything other than school, but I'd still go. If Ryan thinks it's the fairest way of doing it, then cool

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast