Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bfest 2011

Default Bfest 2011

Earlybird Tickets now on sale....

www.Bfest-Wick.co.uk

well done ryan, gun a blast from the past, will defo be going now

Yes!!!!!!!!!! Gun!!!!!!
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Full Line up announced on Sunday night, Earlybird tickets on sale until Sunday

Remainder of Bfest Lineup being announced now on Facebook..

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_180161035348907&notif_t=group_r2 j

1 Band every half hour , next one at 10pm

Default Is it or isn't it

Methinks that B-fest is only promoting local bands from the Wick side of Caithness, and the scraps will be pushed out to whoever wants to play off in a battle of the bands competition, harks back to the bad old days of when Wick Academy wouldn't take any interest in any one from the other side of Watten, oh dear!!!!!
    Oedipus was the first man to plug the generation gap

Quote Originally Posted by fingalmacool View Post
    Methinks that B-fest is only promoting local bands from the Wick side of Caithness, and the scraps will be pushed out to whoever wants to play off in a battle of the bands competition, harks back to the bad old days of when Wick Academy wouldn't take any interest in any one from the other side of Watten, oh dear!!!!!
    I've no idea. I don't have a facebook account so I can't see a damned thing.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

ur talking crap, are you trying to start the wick thurso thing again, off all the bands announced so far only one is from wick ,the rest are all bands from down south.. half the bands in caithness only cover covers and as ryan said last year he wants bands that play there own stuff.

ur talking crap, are you trying to start the wick thurso thing again, off all the bands announced so far only one is from wick ,the rest are all bands from down south.. half the bands in caithness only cover covers and as ryan said last year he wants bands that play there own stuff., ill take it you are from the thurso side and don't have a clue about bfest.

Default If you hook one you have to play it, me dad said that

I will try and say this clearly so as to not repeat myself, as far as i can remember the cover monkeys were on the main stage, ex, the main act I think they were called Live Wire ACDC?, the remit for the local bands were play your own stuff, if the remit is the same this year then there is no problem as i believe and i might be wrong but that would be Always the Sixth and No Exit wound, the rest are as you say cover monkeys which is fine if thats what is wanted, and try and calm down a bit, its an opinion, if I'm barking up the wrong tree than i truly apologies for my rantings and poor me (oops sorry wrong thread). So as you can see i haven't a clue about B-fest apart from it was brilliant last year so i will continue to talk crap if it kicks the thread into life, I will stand by to repel boarders, your serve Ranger boy (its only a game so don't get so wound up, seasons not done yet)

Default re-local bands for BFEST

In respect of comment re -local bands for above event then ALWAYS THE SIXTH absolutely write and perform their own stuff. They have participated in a mini-tour, performed at Belladrum, totally blew the crowd away at last years BFEST and last weekend supported Twin Atlantic so surely they really have earned a slot at this years Bfest. It is vital to support our own homegrown talent as well as enjoy bands from down south.
    mo

livewire are a tribute band, a cover band as far as i know is a band that plays different material from various bands.

Quote Originally Posted by elastic band View Post
    In respect of comment re -local bands for above event then ALWAYS THE SIXTH absolutely write and perform their own stuff. They have participated in a mini-tour, performed at Belladrum, totally blew the crowd away at last years BFEST and last weekend supported Twin Atlantic so surely they really have earned a slot at this years Bfest. It is vital to support our own homegrown talent as well as enjoy bands from down south.
    To my knowledge Always the Sixth are not on the line up for the B fest as yet the only local band on the poster is Jude.

i think a good cover band is great! people love to sing along with songs they know.
    its a bit boring standing listening to stuff youv never heard of coming from a band that just isnt famous!!
    and being able to play live is a huge talent, because theres nothing worse than listening to stuff youv never heard of from a band that sound so impressive recorded,with a LOT of help from mucked around with voices and guitars, then live they just cant sing or play that great!

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Cowie View Post
    To my knowledge Always the Sixth are not on the line up for the B fest as yet the only local band on the poster is Jude.
    So does that mean Jude are a tribute band, I'm totally confused, i think i have to lie down and contemplate the meaning of certain words, OK I'll have a stab at it, a tribute band are persons that play songs/tunes that sound like a certain band, or do they cover the actual songs and look like the band they are,,,,mimicking, so are they playing covers or am i missing something, my brain hurts help me somebody. Right and cover bands are pretty straight forward they cover lots of bands concentrating on nobody in particular, holly mackerel i think I've crack it. Regardless I do agree that Caithness have to encourage local bands to play their own stuff, it's a small music community and if Always the Sixth played nothing but covers then they wouldn't of been at Beladrum etc, and i believe that No Exit Wound did some sort of tour last year around Glasgow and Edinburgh, I don't think they would of toured if they were churning out covers. Next??

I expect the organiser would hire your band if he thought they were up to snuff. What did he actually say to you?

Before entering the league and getting regular games, Wick Academy was something of a Wick select. Is that what you wanted to know?
    Last edited by sids; 22-Feb-11 at 13:40.

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    I expect the organiser would hire your band if he thought they were up to snuff. What did he actually say to you?

Before entering the league and getting regular games, Wick Academy was something of a Wick select. Is that what you wanted to know?

Do they take one person bands, who will i tribute, sorry cover. I do apologies for the quip abut Wick Academy but at the moment i was typing the analogy seemed to fit, but I stand corrected and find myself thinking that select is a better quip

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    i think a good cover band is great! people love to sing along with songs they know.
    its a bit boring standing listening to stuff youv never heard of coming from a band that just isnt famous!!
    and being able to play live is a huge talent, because theres nothing worse than listening to stuff youv never heard of from a band that sound so impressive recorded,with a LOT of help from mucked around with voices and guitars, then live they just cant sing or play that great!
    A bit short sighted Cat if you don't support the up and coming bands playing their own material eventually the covers bands will have nothing to play as the music business will be bereft of new talent and new songs.
    From what I have seen all the local bands who play their own staff and have recorded their songs are more than capable of replicating it live on stage, Caithness has always had a wealth of musical talent that gets overlooked as we are so far North.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Cowie View Post
    To my knowledge the promoter has held back some slots for bands who enter battle of the bands contests and presumably win or top 2 place gain B fest place...kinda like a Go North activity

[QUOTE=fingalmacool;822504]So does that mean Jude are a tribute band, I'm totally confused.

I not sure, I know that Jude are principally a covers band but a few of the lads in Jude play in the Maydays who do their own material. If Jude are in the lineup for the B Fest they must do an original set as well as I think that is the criteria for the B Fest (Apart from the tribute bands; Beatles this year I believe)
    It's a while since I've heard Jude but I'm sure one of the boys from the band will post a correction if I'm wrong.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast