Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Anthology - Proposal

Default Anthology - Proposal

Wouldn't it be grand to have an Anthology produced from here?
    I think there are enough folk who can write to get the ball rolling, which might help encourage others, but I'd like to get the readers involved as well. They could maybe be 'the market' and reflect their tastes in the book by giving some ideas to the writers so that it becomes a collaborative effort. Then, if that works, maybe we can get the photographers and artists to provide illustrations.
    Anyone game to try?

"A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots"

Always!
    Sounds like a terrific idea.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

That's good to hear. Would need essentially short stories and poetry, plus articles, humorous and otherwise.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kingetter View Post
    That's good to hear. Would need essentially short stories and poetry, plus articles, humorous and otherwise.
    I shall attempt to write something especially for it. As soon as I get a sec...
    Any minute now...
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

How about an article about where you live? Kind of give us a picture of the area?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kingetter View Post
    Wouldn't it be grand to have an Anthology produced from here?
    I think there are enough folk who can write to get the ball rolling, which might help encourage others, but I'd like to get the readers involved as well. They could maybe be 'the market' and reflect their tastes in the book by giving some ideas to the writers so that it becomes a collaborative effort. Then, if that works, maybe we can get the photographers and artists to provide illustrations.
    Anyone game to try?
    I'm up for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ann View Post
    I'm up for it!

That's good to hear. We may need to bounce a few ideas around, but I believe an Organthology is possible.