Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CHaP/Ignis Energy meeting

Quote Originally Posted by chordie View Post
    I have been informed that the following questions have been lodged with Steve Barron, Director of Housing & Property at Highland Council who has indicated that he's the man to answer them:

1) Was the award of this contract a direct result of a tendering process ? If so, was this tender notice reference number: HC/CHaP/CEX/Operator/062009 as published on the Public Contracts Scotland website on 03/07/2009 ? If not, could you please inform me of where I may obtain the original tender notice.

2) If this contract was tendered, how many responses were there to the tender ?

3) If this contract was tendered, what was the exact wording of the stated evaluation criteria in the tender notice ? Was any part of the following statement published as tender evaluation criteria ?

"As an absolute minimum, organisations must: 1) Demonstrate that they have the relevant experience to design, build, operate, manage, maintain and administrate a district heating scheme and 2)that they have the financial resources to invest in the initial scheme and to maintain delivery of a community heating scheme for a period of up to 25 years without subsidy from the procuring Highland Council.
    Failure to provide satisfactory evidence of the above two questions will result in automatic disqualification."

4) Can you confirm that the company awarded the contract to be service provider for the Caithness Heat and Power project is Ignis Energy Ltd, registered office 55 Station Road, Beaconsfield, HP9 1QL, company registration number 06623320 ?

5) Assuming that the contract was tendered, and that Ignis Energy Ltd was one of the tendering organisations, could you clarify how Ignis Energy Ltd met the evaluation criteria of the tender evaluation.

6) At the time of the award of this contract to Ignis Energy Ltd, the published accounts of this company showed that it had: £2,000 in cash; £69,000 in accounts receivables; £419,000 in short term liabilities; £577,000 in long term liabilities. Can you provide an explanation as to how this orgnisation was therefore considered to be financially fit to be awarded this contract, given the very high level of debt relative to the very low level of current assets and working capital ?

7) What is the duration of the contract that has been awarded to Ignis Energy Ltd ?

Will let you know the answers if they get passed on to me.
    I am the person who was asked to contact the council and was the author of the letter quoted above.

The reply is:
    1) "No contract has yet been awarded."
    2) "There were 25 expressions of interest in the original advert and 6 bidders were then invited to submit online solutions."
    3) "This wording is that which appeared in the both the PCS and the OJEU."
    4) "No contract has yet been awarded."
    5) "I am unable to answer this question as we are still in negotiation with the preferred bidder."
    6) "I am unable to answer this question as we are still in negotiation with the preferred bidder."
    7) "No contract has yet been awarded."

So Ignis Energy Ltd have not yet been awarded the contract, although they are expected to be awarded it by 31st March. I shall ask questions 4, 5, 6 & 7 again after 31st March.

I hope this information is of some help to someone in the meantime.

Someone correct me here if I am wrong but I understand that letters headed with CHAP and signed by a director of IGNIS have gone out to all those who have the heating offering £50 if they sign up to metered heating. And the council are saying that they don't have the contract yet? That seems a bit odd.

Smile chap heating

yes contracts for ignis have been sent out and they tell everyone if they dont sign they have to go on a larger tarrif if they sign after the end of march or put in another heating system at the cost of the homeowner. please voice opinions now before its too late dont let the council walk all over you it is their mistake after all not ours.

time is running out so please voice your opinions now

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL HOUSEHOLDERS WHO HAVE RECEIVED THE CHAP/IGNIS LETTER:

Before you sign up to a contract with Ignis, be aware that Ignis Energy Ltd themselves DO NOT YET HAVE A CONTRACT AWARDED TO THEM by Highland Council to run the CHaP scheme.

Is there any truth in that if the tennents DONT sign up to the Ignis contract the Council will have to stand by the original contract ????
    Last edited by dozy; 24-Mar-11 at 17:13.

Default STRANGE GOINGs ON AT IGNIS ENERGY LTD

On the 5th of January 2011 the following Directors of Ignis Energy Ltd had their appointments terminated:
    - David Hardy, Director
    - Andrew Harmer, Director
    - Roger Miller, Company Secretary.

The latter termination means the company no longer has a Company Secretary.

On the same day in January, a Martin Gale was appointed as a Director. But by the 9th of March 2011 he'd obviously had enough as his appointed was terminated on that day.

Meanwhile, the registered office for this company continues to be just a nameplate on an accountant's building, and the main company address is someone's house in Richmond, Surrey.

Be very careful what you sign up to.

Get a copy of tomorrow's Groat - there should be a piece in it in which various parties have had some of these questions put to them.

It is expected to give credence to the view that Highland Council can't award the contract to Ignis Energy because Ignis are not in a fit financial position to take it on, and that the only way Ignis will get propped up by their banks is if the majority of householders sign up to the new heating contracts by the end of the month.

Let's see what the presses print tomorrow morning.

[QUOTE=xva;833906]Get a copy of tomorrow's Groat - there should be a piece in it in which various parties have had some of these questions put to them.

It is expected to give credence to the view that Highland Council can't award the contract to Ignis Energy because Ignis are not in a fit financial position to take it on, and that the only way Ignis will get propped up by their banks is if the majority of householders sign up to the new heating contracts by the end of the month.

Where are all the Local Councillor's that dont want to see another CHaP fiasco ,it is not time they came out and wrote Ignis off and stood by a Community Charity run takeover

[QUOTE=dozy;833970]
    Quote Originally Posted by xva View Post
    Get a copy of tomorrow's Groat - there should be a piece in it in which various parties have had some of these questions put to them.

Where are all the Local Councillor's that dont want to see another CHaP fiasco ,it is not time they came out and wrote Ignis off and stood by a Community Charity run takeover
    Is this it? http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/...ver_nears.html
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Default ignis

Hi folks, friends, just looking for a little bit of help and support, i was just wondering how many folk out there would like to sign a bit of paper for me as i would like to raise a few million pounds for myself, of course i would set up an office and get a name plate placed on a wall, i would be most greatfull for any help. Well if the council are willing too accept ignis under these terms this will be as big a farse as chap has been from the begining

Quote Originally Posted by QUADBIKER View Post
    Hi folks, friends, just looking for a little bit of help and support, i was just wondering how many folk out there would like to sign a bit of paper for me as i would like to raise a few million pounds for myself, of course i would set up an office and get a name plate placed on a wall, i would be most greatfull for any help. Well if the council are willing too accept ignis under these terms this will be as big a farse as chap has been from the begining
    Ignis are at the "VOTE FOR ME" stage or you wont get anything (sounds like blackmail or bullying to me ) and all those who sign up will get a nice new meter fitted and one huge bill to pay for it .Just wait and see those heating bills go through the roof,if folk think petrols a rip off they ain't seen nothing yet .Well someone's got to pay for the £17 million they promised . Conned again and they say " The Council have learned from their mistakes" .I THINK NOT ..

PS .By the way got my reply from the Scottish Minister today ,it shows that the Council have been telling porkies to more than a few ..I will post the whole thing shortly..
    Last edited by dozy; 26-Mar-11 at 08:31.

so if I am reading this thread right the contracts that have been signed and sent to ignis are and have been done illegally
    and Dozy are the Scottish Ministers going to do anything about it

do i have to sign the contact by the end of the month or are they just playing at bullying tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by thejudd View Post
    so if I am reading this thread right the contracts that have been signed and sent to ignis are and have been done illegally
    and Dozy are the Scottish Ministers going to do anything about it
    If what i can gather from reading between the lines anyone that should have done something to stop the mess at CHaP happening wishes it would just go away .Even the CHaP board that were shouting its a"WORLDBEATER" at the start are all in denial .So that just leaves the poor customers and the folk that were promised so much left with a choice of going nowhere .I would hope that the CHaP BOARD would give back the money they took from the private householders that joined the scheme because its CHaP that broke the contract .In truth i dont see it happening but they should bring those involved to book .If PPP had started an ACTION GROUP just after the CHaP collapse, they could have had the support of many folk who will now find themselves in a worse position shortly after Ignis take over.I see the folk of Pulteney that are on the scheme paying through the nose for the mistakes of a few .
    I now feel that there will not be a happy end to this and the blame must lie with the Council and Councillors involved . I do hope that come Election time the folk of Wick remember the state the Council have left Wick in .
    Whats illegal and legal seens to be a thin line that depends on what side has the most money and of course the power ,and that lies with the Council . As stated before they wont take the blame so they wont fix it either ..
    We will have to wait and see if the TV guys pick it up as promised ,only then will you see the folk at fault running for cover.Until then i think the folk at Pulteney are on thier own .

[QUOTE=bekisman;834172]
    Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    So, if you are member of the taxpaying public and you write to Steve Barron, Director of Housing at Highland Council, he takes 20 days to reply to say that he can't answer any questions as discussions with Ignis Energy are ongoing. Yet if you are a reporter for the Groat and you phone him and ask him the same questions, he suddenly seems able to throw commercial confidentially to the wind and discuss it all there and then over the phone.

Nice to see patronising arrogance alive and well in Highland Council.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsman View Post
    do i have to sign the contact by the end of the month or are they just playing at bullying tactics?
    Do not sign the contract. The banks will not fund Ignis Energy. The Council have been suckered into a fantasy. Would you give them money based upon what is now known about them (and what is still to be revealed about them)?

Default Ignis Wick Ltd

Since the illusive Craig Ibbetson, or Charles Craig Ibbetson to give him his full name, along with Steve Barron of the Council only seem to be willing to speak to journalists, if anyone happens to meet Mr Ibbetson, could they ask him the following questions:

1) On 14th December 2010, Charles Craig Ibbetson along with fellow Director of Ignis Energy Ltd John Andrew Chappell, registered a new company called

IGNIS WICK LTD

It is registered to the same nameplate address in Beaconsfield, and run from the same bedroom in a house in Richmond.

What is the purpose of this company ?

2) Why did Charles Craig Ibbetson have his Directorship of Ignis Energy terminated in April 2010, only for him then to be re-appointed as a Director of Ignis Energy in January 2011 ?

3) Is he the same Craig Ibbetson who made a planning application to Highland Council ref 11/00856/FUL on 9th March 2011 for an extension to a district heating system west of South Road, Wick ?

Quote Originally Posted by xva View Post
    Since the illusive Craig Ibbetson, or Charles Craig Ibbetson to give him his full name, along with Steve Barron of the Council only seem to be willing to speak to journalists, if anyone happens to meet Mr Ibbetson, could they ask him the following questions:

1) On 14th December 2010, Charles Craig Ibbetson along with fellow Director of Ignis Energy Ltd John Andrew Chappell, registered a new company called

IGNIS WICK LTD

It is registered to the same nameplate address in Beaconsfield, and run from the same bedroom in a house in Richmond.

What is the purpose of this company ?

2) Why did Charles Craig Ibbetson have his Directorship of Ignis Energy terminated in April 2010, only for him then to be re-appointed as a Director of Ignis Energy in January 2011 ?

3) Is he the same Craig Ibbetson who made a planning application to Highland Council ref 11/00856/FUL on 9th March 2011 for an extension to a district heating system west of South Road, Wick ?
    It certainly dosen't make sense. How can Ignis Energy apply to HRC to dig up roads, pathways and playing fields, according to the application, to lay pipework for a heating system that they haven't been awarded a contract for yet?

hmmmmm me thinks some of the debt Ignis has is lining the highland councils pockets

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast