Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CHaP/Ignis Energy meeting

ohhhhhhh delay tactics 20 days will be 20 days closer to the transfer to ignis I think we really need to act now

You call a meeting and i'll be there for sure ,just get the local paper to post it .

i would dozy but i don't know the first thing about setting up a meeting, so if some other could help I would gladly set up a meeting

Why dont you ask them at the Pulteney Peoples Project .I'm sure that they could/should help ,after all its for the benefit of the Pulteney folk.

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    Why dont you ask them at the Pulteney Peoples Project .I'm sure that they could/should help ,after all its for the benefit of the Pulteney folk.
    Emm - could be interesting as Cllr McNab now a committee member of CHAP is I'm sure the PPP founder member and organiser !!!!
    Knowledge talks - Wisdom listens

I think it could be a choice, between a rock or a hard place lets see which way she jumps .If she says yes and helps get a meeting started or will she try to duct out ,either way she's cannon fodder...

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    I think it could be a choice, between a rock or a hard place lets see which way she jumps .If she says yes and helps get a meeting started or will she try to duct out ,either way she's cannon fodder...
    Play chess ?
    Last edited by Stack Rock; 18-Feb-11 at 22:38.
    Knowledge talks - Wisdom listens

Default Heating

Well, what is the problem, heating about a tenner a week and it is so hot we have to open windows? Well some are not complaining. We are we have oil and it costs a fair bit

Quote Originally Posted by catran View Post
    Well, what is the problem, heating about a tenner a week and it is so hot we have to open windows? Well some are not complaining. We are we have oil and it costs a fair bit
    When I initially got sold the heating i was told it would be cheaper than my storage heating and would be sustainable. right now with the council pouring hundreds of thousands in per year it is not.

The probem is: I like most people am a tax paying citizen and agree that the council shouldnt be pouring money into it. the council need to sort this out once and for all and not be allowed to make another ***** up like they did initially.
    Last edited by Macwull; 19-Feb-11 at 09:37.
    Its all good!!!
    It'l soon be Friday!! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Stack Rock View Post
    Emm - could be interesting as Cllr McNab now a committee member of CHAP is I'm sure the PPP founder member and organiser !!!!
    To be fair to Cllr Macnab (who Ive never spoken to in my life), I would say that she has proven her worth, both before becoming a Cllr and since. Think back to what the two other Wick Cllr's were before becoming our esteemed civic leaders? Cllr Macnab had to cut it in the real world... and survived!

CHaP has turned out to be a monumental cock-up of Scottish Parliment porportions, (anyone else see the common demonimator?) but that is one blip on what I would say is not a bad performance overall. Not everyone agrees with the ethics of PPP but it does provide jobs () and support for those who cant or wont help themselves. She may pick up a number of salaries from the different bodies she has ultimatly formned, but at least IMO she works hard and at least looks at things like a buisness woman, and not (like some) wishy washy typical Highland Cooncillor preying they get kept on at the next elections.

There's a old Caithness saying "Fly with the Crows ,Shot with the Crows ". If you are part of it and DON'T stand up and shout when you know underhand things are going on ,hell mend you . We are not talking £50 quid here, it's £20 million plus thats 20,000,000.00 .Thats a hell of alot of zero's and thats money the community could well do with now . They lied from the start ,and were told it was a waste of time and money .Well "Stupid is as Stupid does", the quicker these folk are ousted the better.

Talking

I would like to reply to the quotes below. I am sure there is an easier way to do this but I have no idea how to do it. However I cant let some of these comments go without redress.

Stack Rock
    1. Emm - could be interesting as Cllr McNab now a committee member of CHAP is I'm sure the PPP founder member and organiser !!!!

Yes Stack Rock a committee member now but never involved with it at any level other than obtaining update reports by our Area Manager along with every other local councillor.
    CHaP was set up by a local council employee who wanted to put three represetatives on the board so they could have a community, business and council. PPP's only involvement was asking at a committee would a rep go on their board. After that neither myself or PPP had any other involvement, the council ran it here at a local level by officials.

1. I think it could be a choice, between a rock or a hard place lets see which way she jumps .If she says yes and helps get a meeting started or will she try to duct out ,either way she's cannon fodder...
    2. There's a old Caithness saying "Fly with the Crows ,Shot with the Crows ". If you are part of it and DON'T stand up and shout when you know underhand things are going on ,hell mend you .

Dozy the reason I agreed to go on the committee now ie after the Highland Council took ownership and responsibiltiy of the project (at a very high level) was to help sort it out because like every one else it should never have been allowed to get to the state it did, and I dont duct out of my responsibilites. I have no idea what a meeting is for but if I was asked I would help in any way I could.

1. To be fair to Cllr Macnab (who Ive never spoken to in my life), I would say that she has proven her worth, both before becoming a Cllr and since. Think back to what the two other Wick Cllr's were before becoming our esteemed civic leaders? Cllr Macnab had to cut it in the real world... and survived!

CHaP has turned out to be a monumental cock-up of Scottish Parliment porportions, (anyone else see the common demonimator?) but that is one blip on what I would say is not a bad performance overall. Not everyone agrees with the ethics of PPP but it does provide jobs () and support for those who cant or wont help themselves. She may pick up a number of salaries from the different bodies she has ultimatly formned, but at least IMO she works hard and at least looks at things like a buisness woman, and not (like some) wishy washy typical Highland Cooncillor preying they get kept on at the next elections.

droopy - thanks for kind comments, but just to make clear some issues, over 500 people per week use the project for a variety of sessions these include a large % of working class like teachers, business people etc who attend hobbies groups or computer classes and pay for them, pensioners who attend various classes and young people who have not been able to secure a job but are very keen to do so. The perception is you have to be poor but that is not the case at all.

I am afraid I dont get a number of salaries, I get one and the rest of the money is used to employ local people and help them gain qualifications and a career. I have a great team of people who make the project successful, and bring money into the county that otherwise would be getting spent South.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsix View Post
    Dozy the reason I agreed to go on the committee now ie after the Highland Council took ownership and responsibiltiy of the project (at a very high level) was to help sort it out because like every one else it should never have been allowed to get to the state it did, and I dont duct out of my responsibilites. I have no idea what a meeting is for but if I was asked I would help in any way I could.
    So did the Council consult with you and the Committee on the award of the contract to Ignis Energy Ltd ? Do you think that outfit is fit to run this project ?

Quote Originally Posted by Droopy View Post
    To be fair to Cllr Macnab (who Ive never spoken to in my life), I would say that she has proven her worth, both before becoming a Cllr and since. Think back to what the two other Wick Cllr's were before becoming our esteemed civic leaders? Cllr Macnab had to cut it in the real world... and survived!

I am shocked to read that not everyone agrees with the "ethics" of the PPP, I would say their ethics are up there with the best...what is there to disagree with ?

Pepsix;
    Thanks for putting pen to paper (so to speak)and replying to the post .The post was a double edged sword ,it was to point out that it was not the public that had used or would use you as "Cannon Fodder" but your so called friends in Council chambers. They seem more than willing to place you in the firing line with your appointment to that TOTAL FAILURE known as CHaP .We the public (better known as the folk that pay)know who is to blame ,but it is you along with others that have allowed the CHaP BOARD to get off with it .You and others were made well aware of the short coming of the project long before a shovel hit the ground at PULTENEY (it's your patch) .No Councillor stood up or even tried to stop the Project ,they all gave the impression they were in full support.I did offer my services to the Project long before things went wrong, but was told "we have EXPERTS on the job".This is even after they had been told i had been working with district heating systems for over 35 years ,so know the pitfalls all to well .A Councillor told me to go away "what do locals know of such systems" as it transpires alot more than his so called EXPERTS. I believe we could have saved the PROJECT and could still prove an asset and help greatly in the fight on fuel poverty ,but IGNIS ain't the way to go .

I wrote to First Minister A Salmond but have still not had a reply ,my solicitor is arranging a letter to be hand delivered in connection with the Council/Ignis contract .

So if you are minded to call a meeting to see what way or direction the folk of Wick would like to go, please do so. I would be happy to attend .

Quote Originally Posted by bcsman View Post
    has anyone else had the same problem as dozy has had with the council?
    i am going to call tomorrow to find out what is happening if i get the same response as dozy i.e. phoned slammed down on me,i will weigh up my options and see what i can do to take matters further.
    http://www.highland.gov.uk/businessi...ompanies/chap/

Perhaps the above link might be helpful.

ok guys the contracts are on the table ...... wot are we gonna do about this total shambles ..... any ideas/help will be very welcomed

what can we do?
    Quote Originally Posted by thejudd View Post
    ok guys the contracts are on the table ...... wot are we gonna do about this total shambles ..... any ideas/help will be very welcomed

Smile chap heating

ok guys and gals now is the time to stand together and be counted please find out more before you sign and demand another meeting before its too late i have 15 people not knowing what to do and im sure there are more so please contact me and i am willing to speak up for all customers of the chap, any ideas as we are running out of time.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast