Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: CHaP/Ignis Energy meeting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default CHaP/Ignis Energy meeting

Hi just wondering if anyone here attended the Chap Meeting tonight? I cant make it to tomorrow night but was wondering what was going to be happening.

Cheers

It appears that all the heating equipment has been taken out of the large shed and is lying dismantled outside - stuff that was worth millions!!!!
    Knowledge talks - Wisdom listens

The dismantled plant was being loaded onto tucks this morning when I went past. Looks like oil fired heating for the forseeable future.
    Knowledge talks - Wisdom listens

I saw them taking it out too, couldn't believe what I was seeing. I know someone who's on the cheap heating, £7 a week and they have all the windows open cause it too hot! Is that the end to it then?

Default Ignis

Yes the machinery is being taking out as it was just a prototype.
    Ignis Energy are taking over from the Highland Council in April and they will have wood chip burners in by Sept. This method has been operational in Denmark for 13 years supplying heat and hot water to 600 homes.
    Ignis Energy seem to be taking the project in a good direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Suth11 View Post
    Yes the machinery is being taking out as it was just a prototype.
    Ignis Energy are taking over from the Highland Council in April and they will have wood chip burners in by Sept. This method has been operational in Denmark for 13 years supplying heat and hot water to 600 homes.
    Ignis Energy seem to be taking the project in a good direction.
    Sorry, but your wrong .The machinery was NOT a prototype. It has been in use in Turkey for around 10 years (4 years before Wick),there they use Commercial/Domestic waste as the fuel.As for Ignis Energy going in the right direction with the Dannish method, again I take issue. Ignis are a short lived company and have alreadly done the name change game and that should set the alarm beels ringing .Wick Councillors give us promises that CHaP would be a WORLD BEATER just to get re-elected,now we have that same councillors letting carpet-baggers in to run a Community Project that CANT make any Money. Its not sustainable, just do the maths .
    280 homes at £10.00 per week times 52 weeks =£145,000 thats £28,000 shortfall for the wood fuel alone ,and thats before you add in wages, rent, rates, power and insurance plus much more ...
    I was the Engineer that stood up and told the Council that the CHaP project in the manner they presented " WOULD NOT WORK" .That statement as cost me dearly.Now Ignis have taken a page from the letter i sent the council (in 2004) and started back at the basics,but time has moved on and the system they now want to fit is over 6 years out of date .I did approach the Council to let a Charity run it ,but got short shift .
    To make it work there are 1 of 3 choices. View the Lidl Leaflet for hot sales and coupons.
    1.You could get customers to pay £25 per week.
    2.Change the fuel to WASTE ,with all the hazzards and health issues that will bring
    3.Turn in over to a Community Charity and run it with local engineers that will put the people first.
    Best of luck