I have advertised my cats to be rehomed through Caithness Cats Protection.

A woman from Latheronwheel showed up today to take one of them. I was so happy that she found a new home that I forgot to mention that she had been spayed and that the stitches would need to be removed by a vet next week. That was at 12pm today.

At 6.20pm I find a bag with the cat outside my door and a note written on a lined index card saying there's something wrong with the cat because I didn't mention the stitches. 10min later the woman calls me (number withheld!) saying that her partner returned the cat for the reason mentioned.
I was upset and said she could have called and I could have clarified this, and I asked why she didn't knock. She mentioned that her partner dropped off the cat and that he did knock - very doubtfull considering the note attached to the bag the cat was left in.

My poor cat is traumatised by this incident and I have reported this woman to Caithness Cats Protection.

So, if you should hear from a woman from Latheronwheel wanting to adopt a cat or maybe another pet I'd be careful!