Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Tesco iPhone

Default Tesco iPhone

Does anyone else have an iPhone on Tesco Mobile? I picked one up on Saturday and have been trying to send an MMS since Monday but have had no luck! I think I've been on the phone to their customer services team no less than 9 times (twice so far today) and every time I phone I get a different answer! The last person I spoke to told me that Tesco iPhones won't send an MMS in our area.

So if anyone here does have an iPhone on Tesco, could you please let me know if you can send an MMS

well if you have a signal i dont see why you shouldnt be able to send/receive mms, it might take more or less time depending on the strength but the phone can send and receive mms .
    you probably have some setting to do on the phone, you usually have to do that for mms

Thanks, I have been through all the settings, I've tried 3 different sets off settings, a soft reset, a hard reset and I'm at the stage to throw it off the wall

sorry my skills dont go further!
    hang in there
    cecile

I would have taken the phone back to Tesco by the third unproductive and different answer from customer services.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Throw it off the wall and buy an HTC

Thumbs up

Hi
    I have an iPhone 3GS and send and receive MMS no problem in Caithness, so the info that you don't get them is a Red herring, i think!
    I have only sent photos to friends, not video and all I have to do is go to the photo on the camera roll, click on the wee box with an arrow coming out it, which is forward I think and the phone asks me whatI want to do with it, either email, mms , assign to contact ( which is great because then when your pals phone their face come up smiling on your screen) or wallpaper. I click the mms button and it puts it into a message and I just type in the address and wording.
    Sorry I am extremely stupid with technology and this seems too basic for what you probably want, but it might help a wee bit?
    I have just tried to do it with a video clip and it offers the MMS, email or YOUtube!
    Stick with it Martin, I love mine and certainly wouldn't swap it for an HTC... oh, upolian the very idea!!!
    Good luck
    kate
    celebrate the one life we have

oh and in settings, under the options "messages" there is a switch to switch MMS on and off.... am I still being too basic?? I will be so embarrassed if this is stuff most people know automatically, it all seems so complicated to me. re reading your post I realise I have no idea what resets are so I am probably way off here!!

I think that the 1st generation iPhones didn't send MMS but I am sure that the newer versions can send MMS.

The HTC Phone with Windows 7 is way better than the iPhone. It is so much easier to use and is a lot more affordable.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Kate: Thanks for your reply! I knew they were full of sh nonsense! I do have MMS switched on in the settings. If Possible would you be able to tell me what you have the following settings as

MMSC
    MMS Proxy
    MMS Max Message Size

I have been given 3 sets off values to try and none have worked so perhaps yours may!

Gollach: Thanks for that, mines is the new model that should send MMS

Everyone saying get a different phone: Apart from this one problem, this phone has surpassed my expectations in so many ways. It's far better than any blackberry/HTC I've used although I am yet to try a Windows7 Mobile. Thanks anyway.

You can find these by going to Settings >> General >> Network >> Cellular Data Network

Hi there

have sent you a pm

I hope this doesn't mean you can access all my wedding details... some of them are secret.... guess I'll have to trust you ....
    Let me know how you do
    K
    Last edited by The Happy Humanist; 14-Jan-11 at 16:17. Reason: removing detail to pm

Thanks Kate, you never gave me access to your phone so don't worry and thanks for being so trusting. Will phone Tesco again tomorrow.