Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baillies and Clyne

Default Baillies and Clyne

I have three of my family Clynes married to Baillies.
    Henry Clyne to Elizabeth Baillie
    George Clyne to Williamina Baillie
    Catherine Clyne to James Baillie

anyone related or can help with info.

look forward to hearing from someone

Lynn in Australia
    Located in Australia

Default Clynes and Baillies.

Eliz Baillie married Henry Clyne on 30/11/1855
    JAmes Baillie married Catherine Clyne on 20/12/1861
    Williamina Baillie married George Clyne on 30/9/1859
    All married at Bruan, LAtheron.

1851 census. Bruan, Latheron
    Alex Clyne - head - 47 fisher and cottar. Catherine - wife - 43 Henry - 20 -fisher George - 18 Henrietta -16 Rose-14 Johan - 12 Catheribe - 10
    William - 8 Alexander - 6
    1851 census - Bouhocry, LAtheron
    Wm Baillie - head- 60 - fisher. Eliza - wife- 45. Mgt - 20 Isabella -18 Williamina - 16 Betty - 14 James -10 Alex -9 Donald - 8.

Rosemary

Default James Baillie

From Mid Clyth graveyard lair no 36.

Jas Baillie 18.1.1879 39, w Cath Clyne 11.5.1918 76, ss two d inf, Geo d Durban, S.A. 7.8.1916 36, Don G W. d Germiston, S.A. 2.5.1932 58.

You can find a picture of the memorial at www.graven-images.org.uk

I am not related - just saw your post and looked up my Caithness info. I am also on Australia - Sunny Queensland.

I can help you with more info if you need

Rosemary

hello
    Just getting in touch on the off chance that you have some Clyne info that might help me with some gaps in my tree. My gt grandmother Elizabeth Munro's sister Isabella married Alexander Clyne (from Latheron) at Bower in 1862. Alexander was born c1832, Isabella c1835.
    On the marriage cert his parents are named as Alexander Clyne and Isabella Baillie (looks more like "Balie" but hard to decipher), and they would have been born around about 1800.
    Alexander & Isabella had a daughter Agnes Clyne (b 1868) who was living with the Munro grandparents at the time of the 1871 census. I've just discovered the family seemed to move about Caithness quite a bit but had at least a further 3 children, Johan, Henrietta and Hugh.
    A witness at the wedding of Robert Munro and Esther Sinclair in 1966 at Reaster, Dunnet, was an Alexander Clyne as well- no idea if there's any connection as that's a different half of my mother's family.
    Just wondered if anything here rang any bells!?
    Cheers, Angela

Default Clynes and Baillies

Hi Angela

I have had a look at family file and can not place an Alexander married to Isabella Baillie around the dates you gave me. Do you know when Alexander died or Isabella died? I do have Clynes in database not directly related to me yet and lots of Thurso Clynes.

By the way are you Angela from the Sarcleters group if so I am in the group too live in South Australia.

I have done quite a bit of work on the Clynes. There are not too many of them. If you have any more info I will keep looking I found the Alexander Clyne and Christine Munro in the 1881 if you don't have let me know and I will send.

cheers

Lynn
    Located in Australia

Default Clynes/baillies

Hi Lynn, my dad is a descendant of Catherine Clyne and James Baillie and has a pretty full family tree. He's given me info that may be useful to you, but it's too lengthy to post here. Do you want to specify particular info that you need, or would it be okay to send these details to a personal e-mail address? He's interested to know your connection. Mags

Hi Mags

Great to hear from someone descended from Clynes and Baillies. You are the first descendant from Clyne Bailllies I have made contact with. My mum is descended from William Clyne and Johan Bremner ........ William son of Alexander Clyne and Catherine Sutherland I believe he is a brother of Catherine Clyne.

My mum is still alive and we live in Australia my email is clyneresearch@yahoo.com.au I would love to hear from you.

thanks for posting message

Lynn
    Located in Australia

Hi Lynn
    I too am in the Clyne tree and have heaps of info collected over the last two years. I will post more info when I have time. I just wanted to let you know I can assist.
    Mary Helen
    Last edited by mary helen; 28-Feb-07 at 18:38.

donss Guest

Default another descendant...

Hi Lynn / Rosemary:

I'm the brother of 'margsin' (above), and will try to reply shortly with a sheet showing the lineage that we know of, going back to Wm Baillie (fisherman) of Clyth who died in 1791 (married to Ellison sutherland).

Although from Caithness, I'm also an Australian citizen (lived in Brisbane, Blue Mountains, Townsville and Gold Coast between 1991 & 2001).

Hope to help if poss.

Default Clyne/Baillie

Hi
    I trace my ancestry back to Alexander Clyne born1755 and William Baillie born 1791 married to Elizabeth or Elspat Sutherland born 1806.
    My Great Great Grandparents are Catherine Clyne born 1840 and Alexander McLeod. My Grandmother is Dolina Clyne McLeod born 1895.
    I have endless Clyne and Baillie info on names and dates. Little personal history relating to my direct family. I never met my Gran and have no photo of her or her family.
    I am more than happy to share my info with anyone who wishes to have it. I even have a photo of Minnie Clyne.
    Hopefully someone out there can assist me in filling in the gaps on my family tree.

Regards to all,
    Mary Helen

donss Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mary helen View Post
    Hi
    I trace my ancestry back to Alexander Clyne born1755 and William Baillie born 1791 married to Elizabeth or Elspat Sutherland born 1806.
    My Great Great Grandparents are Catherine Clyne born 1840 and Alexander McLeod. My Grandmother is Dolina Clyne McLeod born 1895.
    I have endless Clyne and Baillie info on names and dates. Little personal history relating to my direct family. I never met my Gran and have no photo of her or her family.
    I am more than happy to share my info with anyone who wishes to have it. I even have a photo of Minnie Clyne.
    Hopefully someone out there can assist me in filling in the gaps on my family tree.

Regards to all,
    Mary Helen
    Hi Mary Helen,
    Wm Baillie (b. 1791) was my GGGG grandparent too, on my fathers (James Baillie Sinclair) side, but I have a note that he (Wm Baillie) was married to an Ellison Sutherland: I have it that Elspeth Sutherland was a GGG Grand parent, therefore a generation after Wm and Ellison!

A little closer to current times, my Grandfather was Robert Wm Sinclair (b. 1894, d. 1975) of Barrack (latterly Staxigoe) who was married to Catherine Clyne-Baillie (b. 1896, d. 1958).

I must post up the tree that I have available so far....

Don S.

Hi Don

This is great at last we have some Baillie/Clyne descendants I look forward to hearing from you.

If you want to email me privately okay and I can send you any info you want and we can share.

You have lived in great parts of Australia. I live in South Australia but born in Victoria.

cheers

Lynn
    Located in Australia

Default Clyne/McLeod/Gunn/Kennedy

Looking for descendents of Catherine Clyne and Alexander McLeod who married in Wick in 1886.
    They had at least 5 children.
    My Grandmother, Catherine Clyne, later married Sinclair Houston Campbell.
    Isabella McLeod married Donald Gunn. His son William George Gunn married Isabella Dunnet Miller.
    Alice McLeod married John Kennedy.
    I wish to get more information on my ancestors and if possible photographs of my ancestors.

Looking for descendents of Catherine Clyne and Alexander McLeod who married in Wick in 1886.
    They had at least 5 children.
    My Grandmother, Catherine Clyne, later married Sinclair Houston Campbell.
    Isabella McLeod married Donald Gunn. His son William George Gunn married Isabella Dunnet Miller.
    Alice McLeod married John Kennedy.
    I wish to get more information on my ancestors and if possible photographs of my ancestors.
    mary helen, do you know who Catherine Clyne's parents were?
    There is a Catherine Clyne in my tree - she may be just a fraction young for yours however! My Catherine's parents were Alexander Clyne and Christina Munro.

Default Catherine Clyne

Hi Angela,
    My Catherine`s parents were Henry Clyne born 1829 and Elizabeth Baillie born 1835.
    Mary Helen

Hi Angela,
    My Catherine`s parents were Henry Clyne born 1829 and Elizabeth Baillie born 1835.
    Mary Helen
    Sorry, I think you may well have said that miles back in the thread
    Not the same one then.....sorry!

Smile Baillies and Clyne

Hello Everyone,
    I have been following this thread for some time and have some info on Alex. McLeod & Catherine Clyne marr. 1886 Wick.
    Alex. McLeod b.1864 Stornoway( My 1C3R) Son of Kenneth McLeod & Isabella Sutherland marr.1858 Wick, Isabella Sutherland b. 1835 Wick. (My 2 Great Grand Aunt) Dau. of Adam Sutherland & Janet Gray Marr.1832 Bower, Caith.
    Children for Alex. McLeod & Catherine Clyne that I know of= Henry Clyne McLeod b.1891 Forfar, Angus. Alice McLeod b.1894 Glasgow, Dolina McLeod b.1896 Glasgow, Isabella McLeod b.1898 Wick. Happy to exchange further info. if of use.
    Regards
    Teeny.

Default Baillies and Clynes

Hi Everyone,
    Yes these are my family members.
    Alice McLeod 1893-1935 married John Kennedy.
    Dolina McLeod 1895-1983, my grandmother, made a second marriage to Sinclair Houston Campbell and went to live in England.
    Isabella McLeod 1898-1963 married Donald Gunn.
    Still hoping someone out there will allow me to have photographs of my grandmother Dolina, her siblings and her parents.
    Regards to all,
    Mary Helen

Default clyne

Hi Everyone,
    I found another piece of information which may help me in my search for family history and photographs of my ancestors.
    My Great Grandmother Catherine Clyne born 1865 died in 1911.
    After her death my Great Grandfather Alexander McLeod married Mary Ann Davidson on 1st June 1914.
    Perhaps a descendant of Mary Ann Davidson may be able to assist me in my search.
    Ever hopeful,
    Mary Helen.

Default Baillie/Clyne

Have I got my facts right for my tree?
    Donald Bailie(tailor)married Margaret Ferguson(no dates)
    Son William Baillie1791-1859 married Elizabeth Sutherland 1806-1876 on 25/4/1828.( Eliz. parents Alexander Sutherland and Margaret Sutherland.)

Children Margaret 1829, Isabella1831, Williamena 1833 married George Clyne on 3/11/1859. Elizabeth 1835-1913 married Henry Clyne1829-1890 on 2/11/1855.
    James1838-1879 married Catherine Clyne 1840-1918 on 20/12/1861
    Alexander 1839-1855 at sea, Donald 1843(tailor)

Can anyone add to this? Will post Clyne side later.
    Mary Helen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast