Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Branson vs Trump....or a simple comparison.

Default Branson vs Trump....or a simple comparison.

To whom it may concern.......

Just viewed a Documentary/ Interview with Richard Branson.......He brought numerous Companies over to North America and I know of several he has brought to Canada, namely Virgin Mobile (cell phones), and now he will be introducing an extension of his Virgin America Airline into Canada.
    I understand Richard Bransom has bankrupted and otherwise 'floated' just as many Companies as Donald Trump, but we we do not see him as a Pariah or a hated person as some people see Trump.
    Just a 'Simple Thought'.

Seemples, he has a proper, British, hair do.

I think you are sitting in watching too much tv MrR, but I agree with ducati, Richard Branson is British and a much more pleasurable person than your hero D Trump
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Am back in the snowy land. Cccccold but beautiful. And TV is OK this time of year.
    Perhaps more charismatic/ same business ideals/ yes Branson has a nicer smile.
    Even think they are friends......oh well.....

Mr Branson is much the better person as he makes a wonderful Pickle to go with my Cheese.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Perhaps because Branson hasn't tried to force Scots people off their own land?

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Perhaps because Branson hasn't tried to force Scots people off their own land?
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....Heard that before/ is it legal? I am not a supporter of Trump/ he is an Ass! But he is successful and he doth bring success to many of his projects.
    Branson came here and cut the bottom out of the 'pay as you go' cell business. Companies lost money.....But we don't slag him as he brought competition to a business that was gouging us.
    Trump also brings business and competition.....There are laws to protect those vulnerable people. That was the way of the World??

Could you explain how these alleged 'laws to protect those vulnerable people' are going to protect those who will be evicted?

Private enterprise over peacable law abiding existance? Doesn't sound like a country I'd want to live in......

Competition is one thing, chucking people out a la Highland Clearances is another, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by sandyr1;w804126
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....Heard that before/ is it legal? I am not a supporter of Trump/ he is an Ass! But he is successful and he doth bring success to many of his projects.
    Branson came here and cut the bottom out of the 'pay as you go' cell business. Companies lost money.....But we don't slag him as he brought competition to a business that was gouging us.
    Trump also brings business and competition.....There are laws to protect those vulnerable people. That was the way of the World??
    Ok I'm listening. Which card do you have up your sleeve and how do you intend to play it?

Trump is an Ass?

How would you define Branson?

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
    Could you explain how these alleged 'laws to protect those vulnerable people' are going to protect those who will be evicted?

Private enterprise over peacable law abiding existance? Doesn't sound like a country I'd want to live in......
    The law is there to protect people as well as prosecute them.
    If a person can be 'lawfully' evicted from their property, then the process is legal.
    If Trump or anyone else...similar examples over over the years show that people may be evicted for 'road widening' 'new builds' etc etc., can use these laws to their advantage then what does that say of your Laws...The Scottish Law will either allow it or deny it.
    You voted the Gov't in and these Laws are on the books. So you live in a Country that allows these things to go on. If these elderly people are evicted then it is on your head, no one elses!
    And Mr 'L'....I understand what you are saying//again they are your laws...Scottish Laws that will be the used either to evict or deny eviction.
    This will likely go to the Courts and they will make the decision...not the Council or as some say, those who 'getteth some benefit'. I am trying to be nice and skirt around the obvious!
    Last edited by sandyr1; 30-Dec-10 at 21:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    Ok I'm listening. Which card do you have up your sleeve and how do you intend to play it?

Trump is an Ass?

How would you define Branson?
    Branson.......A Joker! (smiling).
    He is very charismatic...but don't cross him.
    'He hewed a Reputation as a popular personality'! I think it is called 'Image Construction'. Looking like a nice guy! And got a 'Sir' for it! I wonder...... did he pay the 1 Million Pounds ?

FYI........

My posting the Threads on The Aberdeen Golf Course and Trump etc., was to entertain some idea of WHY people hate Trump so much? Very simple!
    I don't understand it....I have a Caithness Background, like most on here I suppose....and it amazes me....
    Business people are business people. Perhaps a charismatic smile helps............but sometimes perhaps that doooooooooooor Scottish background...may be more honest and upfront!

Quote Originally Posted by sandyr1 View Post
    Branson.......A Joker! (smiling).
    He is very charismatic...but don't cross him.
    'He hewed a Reputation as a popular personality'! I think it is called 'Image Construction'. Looking like a nice guy! And got a 'Sir' for it! I wonder...... did he pay the 1 Million Pounds ?
    Yes, that's pretty much as I'd anticpated your reply.

Perhaps the next time you post a thread you'll be willing to discuss the issue ?

Default Trump/Branson

Trump -The main reason this has managed to get pushed through - who is the First Minister of Scotland and where is his constituency? Check your answers.
    When you are up against such strong political backing (unproved of course) it is extremely difficult and costly to fight your corner against a bully who has lots of money behind him and possibly political leverage too.

Branson - at least he appears to do things in a more open 'English' manner, admits mistakes and appears to have some consideration for people in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    Yes, that's pretty much as I'd anticpated your reply.

Perhaps the next time you post a thread you'll be willing to discuss the issue ?
    What issue?? Gawd.....another one who is 'lost in debate'. I have made my point very clear.
    Two businessmen. One Hated the other Revered.
    I asked a simple Question....well....maybe not simple enough!

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    Trump -The main reason this has managed to get pushed through - who is the First Minister of Scotland and where is his constituency? Check your answers.
    When you are up against such strong political backing (unproved of course) it is extremely difficult and costly to fight your corner against a bully who has lots of money behind him and possibly political leverage too.

Branson - at least he appears to do things in a more open 'English' manner, admits mistakes and appears to have some consideration for people in general.
    Found it!!!!!
    Quote......Why no one hates Richard Branson.....How he feeds his own man made mythology! Unquote.

He has been mired in disputes since the middle 90's and is accused of .....well not very nice things!

Yes Pat....English.

Mr. Branson & Mr. Trump are exactly the same people, but as history has proved, English people tend to address issues in a "Gentlemanly" like manner as compared to Americans who appear to address issues in a not so "Gentlemanly" manner.

Business is business I agree, but there is a manner in which to conduct yourself in & Mr. Branson has perfected it down to a tee. Outside of his business/celebrity status, you never hear of him in the news. You never know what's happening in his personal life. Whereas Mr. Trump on the other hand is not so subtle about his private issues. His family are always in the media & he's not camera shy to say the least.

So, the reason the thread was started was to state a comparison regarding Branson & Trump, & the comparison is one knows when to hide when the camera is upon them & the other can't get enough of he camera.

What issue?? Gawd.....another one who is 'lost in debate'. I have made my point very clear.
    Two businessmen. One Hated the other Revered.
    Obviously not. I'm perhaps too simple for you SandyR1.

I apologise.

Are you inferring we orgers are simple Mr R
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast