Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Weather Update

Default Weather Update

Live data chart from Scrabster

Here is the forecast for the next three days...

Monday -
    wind, hardly a breath but what there is coming from the NE backing towards the N
    temp, max of around 2c min about -2c inland and high ground may get considerably colder
    precipitation, light or moderate snow showers on and off all day.

Tuesday -
    wind, hardly a breath again, from the N or NNE
    temp, again a max of about 2c min about -2c inland and high ground may get considerably colder
    precipitation,poosibility of light snow showers on and off all day but maybe a bit of sun inbetween.

Wednesday -
    wind, again not a lot from the NE mainly
    temp, a bit cooler so i would guess a max of maybe 1c by the coast if you're lucky probably nearer to 0c, again freezing temps overnight as the sky clears a bit
    precipitation, light snow showers mainly confined to the eastern side of the county, northern and western side might even see a little sun!

I am going to lock this thread and add to it daily, feel free to open another thread for any questions about anything

Can this be a sticky please mods?

Comments and questions etc about Caithness weather conditions can be added at http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=130789
    See more about Caithness weather and various web cams at www.tugmistress.co.uk
    Last edited by Bill Fernie; 19-Dec-10 at 20:55.
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Default Forecast for thursday 23rd dec

Thursday -
    wind, hardly a breath but what there is coming from the N or NW
    temp, same again, max of around 2c min about -2c inland and high ground may get considerably colder
    precipitation, hardly a thing, infact probably most of us will get sunshine or at least brightness through very thin high cloud.
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Default Weather update for friday 24th dec

But first, an apology, the temperatures will remain seriously lower than i first said, i missed a subtle colour change in the charts, sorry

Friday -
    pretty much the same all round!
    hardly any wind, freezing temps, clear skies or very thin high cloud.

Looking a bit further, it's looking like the start of a thaw on Sunday
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Default Weather forecast Christmas Day!

White Christmas? Only what's on the ground!

Temperature will rise enough to start a thaw and it will rain, it may start as sleet or snow in the very early hours but i don't think so! Rain clearing in the evening - No wind again
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Default oooops

lol ooops - just been looking at the charts and i think i gave a forecast for sunday instead of saturday!

Saturday looking more of the same - snow showers and cold lol

need more beer!
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Default New Year Weather Update

Definitley a very cold start to the new year, freezing temps coming in around 6am on saturday and hanging around until late sunday night or early monday morning, though i don't think we'll get much snow with it. Warming up again on monday for a couple of days and then during the evening on tuesday more freezing temps creep in!
    www.tugmistress.co.uk