Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car on fire in tescos car park

Default Car on fire in tescos car park

Some poor soul car just exploded in car park

Black smoke, then huge flames, took very quickly

I left pretty sharpish as I was a wee bit scared!

Think I have been watching too many films, people seemed too be too close for my liking!

Certainly think car empty and hope no one hurt

is this in thurso or wick ??

It's the wick tesco

Wick

Such a shame

Saw the fire and it was a shame on the car and surrounding cars that got damaged. Quite amusing that it took at least 5 mins after the flames started for staff to announce over the tannoy -' Can all managers come to the customer service desk' -this obvioulsy got little response as they had to repeat it. Think so many people were looking on in disbelief that everyone forgot to phone the fire brigade as they took ages to arrive.

Ouch, not so good, hope everyone was ok and things get sorted quickly for those involved, bad time of year to get hold of insurance companies etc
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

That's exactly why children should never, ever be left unattended in cars.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    That's exactly why children should never, ever be left unattended in cars.
    I really hope there weren't dogs in the car!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

was there anyone hurt ??

This is the second car I have heard of locally going on fire with nobody in it in a few weeks, I remember argueing with someone about kids being left in cars alone and them saying these things never really happen it's an urban myth.
    It's just not worth the risk.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Default cars on fire

There was a dog indeed in one of the cars, but luckily the firefighters rescued it. I was somewhat shocked at Tescos Staff reaction to the cars being on fire, all they were doing was announcing on the tannoy would the owner of car registration no...... please contact the info desk immediately, I mean come on how many people actually know there reg no? I do but mine is quirky , but if they had said would the owner of x type, such and such a colour car please contact the info desk immediatley as your car is on fire it prob would have saved the other two cars from much damage.
    The firemen should be praised though they got the fires under control very quickly and professionally, otherwise the scenario could have been much worse!

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    Saw the fire and it was a shame on the car and surrounding cars that got damaged. Quite amusing that it took at least 5 mins after the flames started for staff to announce over the tannoy -' Can all managers come to the customer service desk' -this obvioulsy got little response as they had to repeat it. Think so many people were looking on in disbelief that everyone forgot to phone the fire brigade as they took ages to arrive.

I phoned the fire service at 12.03 and they were there by 12.07,(by my watch) pretty good going I thought considering they all work and have to get to the station from wherever they may be :-)
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Default car fire

Can you believe what would have happened if a member of staff had announced " oh by the way there is a car on fire in the middle of the car park, can the owner of ...... please come to customer services" over the tannoy. The whole shop would have been in uproar.

I was there and have to say that the situation was dealt with to the best of anyone's ability, i mean it's not exactly something that you see or train for every day!

There was no one anywhere near any of the vehicles and it was one of those situations where you just stand and watch because you can't quite believe what you are seeing. But in my opinion no one would have done anything differently if put in that position.

Good on Tesco staff for dealing with a very difficult situation!

the daughter of the man whos car exploded stays with me and she has just had a call from her dad asking me to update this to say nobody has been hurt in the explosion or fire. a great big thank you to the services.

glad to hear no-one was hurt.
    wonder what makes cars explode though?!
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

Exploded, or just on fire?

[QUOTE=ashaw1;803838] Can you believe what would have happened if a member of staff had announced " oh by the way there is a car on fire in the middle of the car park, can the owner of ...... please come to customer services" over the tannoy. The whole shop would have been in uproar.

I was there and have to say that the situation was dealt with to the best of anyone's ability, i mean it's not exactly something that you see or train for every day!

There was no one anywhere near any of the vehicles and it was one of those situations where you just stand and watch because you can't quite believe what you are seeing. But in my opinion no one would have done anything differently if put in that position.

Good on Tesco staff for dealing with a very difficult situation!

[/QUOTE
    being that it was our dog that was in the audi [poor kell]the car was locked while family shopped tescos staff were brilliant they took them an the dog in,took them for tea an then helped them load there shopping into the car went back to return the lead kell had been given and he got it as a present they were making all different arrangments for all those who were not so fortunate WELL DONE TESCOS AND THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post
    the daughter of the man whos car exploded stays with me and she has just had a call from her dad asking me to update this to say nobody has been hurt in the explosion or fire. a great big thank you to the services.
    [QUOTE=Tighsonas4;803866]
    Quote Originally Posted by ashaw1 View Post

[/QUOTE
    being that it was our dog that was in the audi [poor kell]the car was locked while family shopped tescos staff were brilliant they took them an the dog in,took them for tea an then helped them load there shopping into the car went back to return the lead kell had been given and he got it as a present they were making all different arrangments for all those who were not so fortunate WELL DONE TESCOS AND THANKS

Really glad that no one was hurt and that Kell is okay and how kind of Tesco to give the lead as a gift.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Carasmam - I didn't think the Fire Brigade arrived that quickly. I was starting to get my shopping on the checkout belt,when the smoke was noticed. I then paid and packed £50 of goods, plus discussing situation with checkout operator, which was slower than normal. I then dawdled slowly down to the magazines, bought one, blethered to a few people, then stood in foyer as not allowed outside. It was a few minutes later that the fire brigade arrived - a bit longer than 4 mins I think! I am not slagging the fire brigade as they do a good job, but I was just surprised at how long they took. Thankfully no-one was hurt, which is the most important factor.

Default Fire brigade response

The main point here is that the brigade dealt with this incident safely and as quickly as they could. One thing I'll say is that to get this incident they have to come out of Martha Terrace, up River Street, down Bridge Street and then up High Street. This would involve going through a set of traffic lights which if they are at red they can only go through at the appliance drivers own risk. Also being retained they have to make their way to the station from their place of work or home before turning out in the appliances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast