Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What were your favourite toys ?

Default What were your favourite toys ?

Just wondering, after all the Christmas "Hoo-Hah" of 2010...

What were your favourite toys of your "Era" and what would you have loved to get, but didn't from Santa ?

Me? -

I loved : - My Farm set and my "walking doll" (Clarissa)

I would have loved but never got : - The Tiny Tears Doll

What about you ?
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

i hed a real life lookin baby doll called johnathan....am no sure if i made 'at name up, or if he came wi' 'at name but he came wi' ivrythin else..lek a pram an' real nappys an' poother an' ivrythin...an' a little bath

he even came wi' instructions on how til look efter him. ie, "dip yer elbow intil his bath water til make sure its no too hot"

he even hed a little willie an a sticky oot belly button

i took 'at dolly ivrywhere wi' me an ma brither wid wind me 'e whole time - i mind bawlin ma eyes oot sayin, "can i hev johnathan back now, please"

ma brither broke his airm an ah wis niver right efter 'at.....i hated him for ages!
    Last edited by trix; 28-Dec-10 at 21:01.
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

ooooh I was talking about this yesterday with my dad.....

My favourite toy was my Tiny Tears Doll and a close second was my Big Yellow Teapot (I still crave one now for sentimental reasons!)

Would have LOVED to get Dream Phone Board Game..... but nooooo, wasnt allowed one of those!
    We child proofed the house..... but they keep getting in!

I still have a big yellow teapot!
    Its was ours as kids...I dont have the little figures though!

Tilly Teckel Guest

All-time favourite were my roller boot skates (loved the weekly roller disco!).

Always wanted a big box of Lego but mam said it was only for boys - had to wait til I was 13 and my little brother came along!

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaymcc View Post
    Would have LOVED to get Dream Phone Board Game..... but nooooo, wasnt allowed one of those!
    I had that! Loved it

My favourite was a noddy car i had when i was little! (a ride on one) but someone broke it! a mate o mine got one for her daughter recently and she said her mum got it in a charity shop for a bargain and iv been searching ebay and other places like mad to try and get one for Athrun + Jay-D

Would have liked.....em might sound spoiled here but i always got what i wanted! To be fair when i was little all we asked for was barbies and we always got them!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

'ats lek me shell...i cana think o' anythin that i wanted that i didna hev, or widna get. but i wisna a greedy bairn, an i hed twa brithers who i played wi' all 'e time.

we used til hev a mat that ye played cars on. it wis based on 'iss little toon, wi' a fairm hoose, a school, fire brigade, police station...it hed ivrythin!! hooses an shops an stuff.

i wis 'e school teacher, doubled up as 'e fairmers wife

ma beeg brither wis a policeman an a fireman, an 'e little cheil wis 'e fairmer (ma husband), who doubled up as a fireman too.

we also hed a fairm set too which we attached til'ed - they objected when i wanted make ma flower fairies a part o'ed too

but seriously...it wis choost brilliant settin it all up... we even put real water in 'e ponds for 'e coo's til drink fie....

......oh those were 'e days....!
    Blessed Be...

I guess my all time favourites that I had the most fun with were roller skates and boxing gloves.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    'ats lek me shell...i cana think o' anythin that i wanted that i didna hev, or widna get. but i wisna a greedy bairn, an i hed twa brithers who i played wi' all 'e time.

we used til hev a mat that ye played cars on. it wis based on 'iss little toon, wi' a fairm hoose, a school, fire brigade, police station...it hed ivrythin!! hooses an shops an stuff.

ma beeg brither wis a policeman an a fireman, an 'e little cheil wis 'e fairmer (ma husband), who doubled up as a fireman too.

we also hed a fairm set too which we attached til'ed - they objected when i wanted make ma flower fairies a part o'ed too

but seriously...it wis choost brilliant settin it all up... we even put real water in 'e ponds for 'e coo's til drink fie....

Lol! Love it!! I was lucky and just had my sister! We would sit for hours and hours............and hours playing barbies! We had the living room, kitchen, toilet, nursery, bedrooms...you name it we had it! The only thing we never had was beds for them so we used til nick mums face cloths and use them as beds! She always roared at us cos o stealin them! Lol but it was brilliant fun Lucky me and ma sis got on really well. But she always had the good barbies GRR! Lol
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post

I trix what toy's would you like to play with now???
    Not all chillies are hot but do not be deceived

Quote Originally Posted by Chillie View Post
    I trix what toy's would you like to play with now???
    oh...i wid niver say...'iss is a faimly formum ........

ye should check oot ma website on www. ......
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    Just wondering, after all the Christmas "Hoo-Hah" of 2010...

What were your favourite toys of your "Era" and what would you have loved to get, but didn't from Santa ?

Me? -

I loved : - My Farm set and my "walking doll" (Clarissa)

I would have loved but never got : - The Tiny Tears Doll

What about you ?
    That was too long ago. I can't remember.

I wanted lego as well, I was lucky though, my cousins lived next door, they were three boys and lots of lego! I did get something called Beta Blocks, not quite the same as lego. My "bestest" santa pressie was a Chemistry set, it even had a burner that used metheylated spirits. I don't suppose they make them nowadays what with all the regulations and such. I also got a Magic Set which was wonderful.

I was just telling my youngest about the kind of presents I got from santa, of course he's 19 and well past that but just remembering that time made me feel good, Christmas has never really been the same for me since we left Thurso. I have no family around here apart from my husband and two sons, and just this message board is enough to make me feel I'm still at "home".

My favourites were the old metal mechano set i had as a hand me down and also the matchbox cars and yellow track
    i wanted but never got a scalextrix or train set

think i should have been a boy lol
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

My Favourite toy was my "Bayko Building Set". I was given this as a Christmas when I was about 8 years old and I have never forgotten it. I know that Lego is and was the market leader but I liked my Bayko Set.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Tugmistress View Post
    My favourites were the old metal mechano set i had as a hand me down and also the matchbox cars and yellow track
    i wanted but never got a scalextrix or train set

think i should have been a boy lol
    My all-time favourite was my mechano set which started-off with hand-me-down pieces, but I got more as time passed. I liked making big cranes, but did not like taking everything apart, so I would hide it under my bed -- until mam went sweeping below the bed, which would cause a loud "DAVID" followed by a ticking off and disassembly/tidy-up.

Sweet memories.

Pipecleaners and plasticine!
    it's a sair fecht

scalextrix,mechano,lego,anything related to cars/mechanics!

My favourite was a life-size Colt 45 with removable bullets that you put caps in. When you fired the gun the caps would go off and smoke would come out of the nose of the bullet and down the barrel. Very not PC in today's world.

What I didn't get? Can't really remember - this year it was a Tibetan singing bowl.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Ah memories ricco and david! yes i hated pulling apart whatever i'd made with the meccano too lol
    i also remember having a cap gun, if i remember right the rolls of caps were on green paper? lovely smell too when you fired the gun lol
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast