Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where Have You Been Doing Your Xmas Shopping???

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    Not everyone can afford your regardless of price attitude.People struggling to make ends meet have to take the cheapest option available to them but no doubt would love to be in a position such as yours,hopefully they wouldnt feel the need to be so patronising.
    Patronising? I'm sure if you asked each individual who has posted in this thread, that the last thing they were thinking was that I was being patronising. I merely asked a question regarding how & where people shop. It's part of the xmas spirit, asking what people do for shopping, xmas dinner, what family are coming over etc. etc. There has been close to 20 posts so far in this thread, & none of these posts have been anything but nice, so why join in this thread to change the mood of tonal discussion?

It's not in keeping of the xmas spirit...

2. Default

This is just about you letting people know that you understand the importance of shopping locally more than others, which is carried over from a previous thread where your spirit was somewhat less than Christmassy.

I particularly like the last 3 or 4 sentences,very xmassy indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by .D. View Post
    What a damn shame. I've just come home from my xmas shopping today. Shopping for my wife & my bairn & various friends. & I know that I certainly don't mind paying the extra money as compared to internet shopping. I mean, can't you understand that the sales industry isn't as vibrant in rural communitites as it is in cities? Mrs. Pentland Music has to charge full price for eg. guitar strings, it's because that the supplier states that the retailer isn't allowed to UNDERCHARGE unless you buy IN BULK in which you can undercharge. So if you buy 10 strings, they're going to be far more expensive than if Mrs. Pentland Music bought say 100 strings. I've seen me buy groceries from local shops, knowing full well that I'm paying 17% more than Asda, Tesco etc. but at least I'm contributing to my community. If you were to be our councillor there'd be tumbleweed flying through the street. For god sake man get a grip, are you blind, thick, iggnorant??? People need to make a living you know. Everything in Thurso is overpriced because they're retail outlet is minuscule as compared to towns & citites. However, I suppose you've got to be a business man to be able to understand this quality
    Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 25-Dec-10 at 09:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    This is just about you letting people know that you understand the importance of shopping locally more than others, which is carried over from a previous thread where your spirit was somewhat less than Christmassy.

I particularly like the last 3 or 4 sentences,very xmassy indeed.

Well that was a different topic on a different thread, hardly applies here really.

& even if it did apply here, I'm sort of saying to myself, so? &, what's your point?

well folkes me for 1 either does all mine in glasgow or online as lets be honest about this for 1 thurso is bad for shoping realy bad wick is bit better wth argos n homebase n tescos but i dnt spend up here ,,, and im a local merry christmas

Most of it online some bought a few months ago. Used tescos for a couple of people 2 i'd forgotten when online and the factory shop for the second half of my partner's.

If i see something i will make a note of it and see if i can get it cheaper elsewhere first before going buying it from the place i had spotted it. This can make it longer but it does mean that i get the best deal.
    Last edited by Vistravi; 27-Dec-10 at 00:18.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12