Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: i know this is a bit weird but could i get advice please

Default i know this is a bit weird but could i get advice please

hey guys was wondering could i get a bit of advice please im currently feeding my 9mnth old jack russel Bruno's complete dog food chicken,rice and vegatable im wondering if it is the food that has made her very.. flatulant and it smells really bad, i was wondering should i change her food to something else and if so then what should i change it to?

Thanks guys

Yes definitely try changing the diet. Burns or James Wellbeloved would be good brands to try.

Thank you

agree with Liz, cheaper foods are packed with cereals to bulk the dog out but it also come out in bulk!

switching to a food like Burns, JWB, Royal Canin your pup will have a lot less wind and much smaller doggy doo's (not that a Jack Russels are that big anyway but they will be a lot smaller)

Definately agree on changing from Brumo dog food...I was given some and used it as a mixer as Banjo...a lurcher didn't fancy it on it own but, Ooooooh the poops... could have filled the barrow no probs. Hens ended up getting the rest....

Thank you very much guys Was also wondering what i could safely give her as a treat on xmas day for food

Quote Originally Posted by Roisin View Post
    Thank you very much guys Was also wondering what i could safely give her as a treat on xmas day for food
    Benjy loves carrots both cooked and raw so that would be a nice healthy treat.

A good meaty bone wouldnt go amiss ....
    Nicely cooked to perfection from the butchers...
    Should keep her busy for hours.
    But a gradual change in her food wouldnt go amiss...and would give you respite from the noxious gasses!

I have a Jack Russel (9 Yrs) with an extremely sensitive stomach which she has had since we got her at 8 months old. The vet recommended "Chappy" which we have given her ever since - it absolutely stinks but she loves it and it doesnt upset her stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by pepsimax View Post
    I have a Jack Russel (9 Yrs) with an extremely sensitive stomach which she has had since we got her at 8 months old. The vet recommended "Chappy" which we have given her ever since - it absolutely stinks but she loves it and it doesnt upset her stomach.
    Chappy's is good food although I find it to be a bit 'gloopy'. Benjy has a very delicate tum and the only food he can tolerate is Naturedite Lite. He loves it and is doing really well on it.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"