Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had their parcels delivered yet by Hermes?

Well I've just discovered that winter boots I ordered and which were dispatched on the 13th Dec are being delivered by Hermes so not holding out much hope of getting them before this cold snap ends!!!

No you will get them in our summer..at this rate!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Well I've just discovered that winter boots I ordered and which were dispatched on the 13th Dec are being delivered by Hermes so not holding out much hope of getting them before this cold snap ends!!!
    Phone the company you ordered them from Liz. See if they can give you any information at all about it.

I also want to give something to my postie but the person has changed every day pretty much for the last few weeks! Havent seen my normal postie at all! Dont want to sound mean but i cant afford to give em all a wee present!

Was back out to the bin mannies today with a pack of choc chip shortbread.

Just need to nab my normal postie now!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    No you will get them in our summer..at this rate!
    Might still be snowing then!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyCowie View Post
    Phone the company you ordered them from Liz. See if they can give you any information at all about it.

I also want to give something to my postie but the person has changed every day pretty much for the last few weeks! Havent seen my normal postie at all! Dont want to sound mean but i cant afford to give em all a wee present!

Was back out to the bin mannies today with a pack of choc chip shortbread.

I emailed them Shelley and they said they would 'chase' the courier and get back to me.

Don't be silly we know you are not mean! I just give to the 'regulars' as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyCowie View Post

What you could do is drop the little somethng off at the Royal Mail Sorting Office in Trail Street. Write of the outside that it is for the regular Postman who delivers to..........Your Address.........and ask the Postie behind the counter to give it to him. It should then get to the correct person.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I got oor normal postie today.
    I had taped a card to my door with William oor postie on it just incase I was out and had my fingers xxed it was him.
    I got home before he arrived and was glad it was him!

I've found Hermes to be okay. They left my parcels in my recylcling box out the back of my house on a few occasions. Better than the home delivery network who didn't even appear to knock and then took my parcel back to Inverness!

Just got mine that was out for delivery since 16th...... eldest daughter finally has her winter coat!
    We child proofed the house..... but they keep getting in!

Oh please dont get me excited....
    I might get the girls bits and pieces before their party tommorrow!
    Yippee last chance of a santa pressie (from santa at the party) and the nativity set being done before Christmas!

Got another delivery today through Hermes and it was out for delivery on 9th December, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you all still waiting on parcels.

Really hope everyone gets their deliveries! I am waiting on DPD now. And i have to say the are 10x worse than Hermes!

Luckily, AJG are going to take over the delivery. Since they took over this morning they got it from England to Inverness by 1pm. Its getting delivered tomorrow! Thank goodness, especially after so long me crying on the phone to DPD yesterday! AJG - 5 minute call. "yes Mrs Cowie your delivery will be delivered by "mannys name" and here is his number......." Couldnt ask for better!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Hope it gets sorted...still awaiting my Charlie Bear from QVC sent 3rd December...getting rather miffed now as even QVC can tell me where it is .......its a case with these companies and couriers we got your brass now sod off.....
    Last edited by Chrisf1961; 22-Dec-10 at 19:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisf1961 View Post
    Hope it gets sorted...still awaiting my Charlie Bear from QVC sent 3rd December...getting rather miffed now as even QVC can tell me where it is .......its a case with these companies and couriers we got your brass now sod off.....
    I would get back on to QVC as have always found their customer service to be excellent.

I hate to say it but it might be that it's been delivered to someone else by mistake and they have been dishonest and kept it?

I got someone elses orders from both QVC and Pets At Home!

Hope this isn't the case though and that you get your Charlie Bear before Christmas . If it doesn't come in time why don't you buy a nice cuddly bear locally and put a note with it to say it's brother or sister will be arriving in the New Year?

ive been tracking my delivery with Hermes for the last week today it finally said delivered to letterbox! problem is its not been delivered to my letterbox! grr so where the heck is it?? even the company dont know
    life may not be a party be while were here we might as well dance!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRIE View Post
    ive been tracking my delivery with Hermes for the last week today it finally said delivered to letterbox! problem is its not been delivered to my letterbox! grr so where the heck is it?? even the company dont know
    That is rediculous Brie! If i was you i would be calling the company you ordered from and raising a dispute about the unreliable company they use to deliver.

I would also be stressing to Hermes themselves. Speak to nobody less than a manager. Demand regular updates on your complaint. If that doesnt happen, go higher! Director of the company.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Shelley, you are so harsh!

If I ever need someone to sort out my probs, I'll be getting in touch with you!

Quote Originally Posted by KCI View Post
    Shelley, you are so harsh!

If I ever need someone to sort out my probs, I'll be getting in touch with you!
    Yes i am harsh aint i! But....it gets the job done! If you just complain to the helpdesk they will brush it off.

If it was solely the bad weather then yes ok we expect delays. Royal Mail are doing an excellent job at the moment, Hermes does bad all year round!

Even though i ended up in tears yesterday after my delightful 8 hours on the phone DPD then found my parcel and it was shipped immediately back to be sent here! (yes ladies, crying works)
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Shelley do you have a no for hermes that will actually ring?
    And be answered!
    Im still having no joy...and the company I ordered from has shut for the holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    Shelley do you have a no for hermes that will actually ring?
    And be answered!
    Im still having no joy...and the company I ordered from has shut for the holidays!
    Sorry Dadie the only number i have is 0871 246 1583

If its not working you can log an email to get a reply here https://www.myhermes.co.uk/wps/porta...4M2440NOANCHOR
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Good stuff this TV/Internet/Home shopping!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast