Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Does anybody know......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Does anybody know......

.....a method of getting rid of moles that actually works????? Since the snow melted off my lawn, I have about 25 mole hills all over my grass. We are surrounded by fields on 3 sides but irritatingly enough, there are no mole hills at all in the fields. Looks like I'm going to have to completely re-lay the lawn in the Spring, but I need a way of stopping them causing the damage before I do. Thanks.

I'm afraid there isn't one. They were here first, garden around them like I do.

My lawn is covered in worm mounds. The birds are having a field day!
    Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!

Get some mole traps from Gillock, or order them on line. Provided you don't get your "scent" on them they work a treat, or get on to "Youtube" and type in "rodenator" - now THAT would be a blast !!

Quote Originally Posted by rum rat View Post
    Get some mole traps from Gillock, or order them on line. Provided you don't get your "scent" on them they work a treat, or get on to "Youtube" and type in "rodenator" - now THAT would be a blast !!
    But it doesn't matter how many you kill or catch, if it is a good place for Moles, that is where they will be.

You will probably struggle to get rid of them entirely, so you will need to be persistant. I do feel sorry for moles, there good housekeeping gets them a bad name! I believe moles themselves are generally solitary creatures so 1 mole per run. But if you catch one, another mole might come along and think "this is a nice run, I think i'll stay here" kinda thing. If you use a trap, you need to find the actual run and place it there, rather than at the bottom of where they dug. Hope that may be of some use.