Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Hungry pheasants

Default Hungry pheasants

Following on from the hungry deer thread there have been three pheasants in next door's garden for the last two days feeding on the food falling from the bird feeders. They are lovely to watch. I guess food must be in short supply if they are coming into the garden.

if they came into my garden they would end up as food yummy
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

Don't feed the peasants! You don't know where they've been...

if your near mey theres a guy who keeps them as pets and thay come and go as thay please, he hatched them from eggs.

I really wonder why everybody hates pheasants. I have found them to be beautiful and loveable. I am from India and last year when I went to England I had the chance to see some golden pheasants. They are so enchanting. If I ever get the chance to feed them I will definitely do that because they are also God’s creation.

I didn't know anyone hates them. They are lovely looking birds. Welcome to the forum!

I had a pair feeding at my feeder for the free range chickens last summer, they hatched and reared 6 chicks, who went on to tell their cousins, nieces, nephews etc. about the free food... the longer the snow is lasting the more pheasants I seem to be feeding. This morning I flushed up 16 who flew off, 6 stayed, they are so tame I can nearly touch them...most certainly the chicks that were raised on my croft last year.
    I don't mind feeding them, but if the numbers are reaching above 30 I will shoot an odd one for sunday dinner... providing they are still in season of course !

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    I had a pair feeding at my feeder for the free range chickens last summer, they hatched and reared 6 chicks, who went on to tell their cousins, nieces, nephews etc. about the free food... the longer the snow is lasting the more pheasants I seem to be feeding. This morning I flushed up 16 who flew off, 6 stayed, they are so tame I can nearly touch them...most certainly the chicks that were raised on my croft last year.
    I don't mind feeding them, but if the numbers are reaching above 30 I will shoot an odd one for sunday dinner... providing they are still in season of course !
    You are so lucky, I would love to have a few on our croft, I would feed them regardless, if they appeared hungry and I would with the deer too,