Quote Originally Posted by _Ju_ View Post
the word was reproductive, not productive. so you like it? Be free to use it.
NHS is free? Really? Not according to the governments budget. It is a very expensive service.
Do you have any idea how many X-rays a day you would need to take for the xray machine to be profitable? Do you have any idea how many different sizes of different orthapeadic materials you need to have on hand for that couple of times a year surgery you might have to carry out? and the cost of that material? Do you haver any idea of how many sonograms actually pay for the ultrasound? And how many the average practice will carry out in a year? You have no idea of these costs.
PS: Many vets do alot more than you think for free.
I apologise for typo.
I stand by my comment that the NHS (at least for the time being) is free to the majority of people who seek its services. If you do not like the service that is provided you have a choice, go private.
In Caithness, people who seek veterinary service for their animals do not have a choice, and are forced to use the services of McGregors

I don't know the answers to the questions that you are raise councerning surgical operations, but as I pointed out in my last post these machines are costed into the costs of running a surgery.
Given how long that McGregors have been running a practicein Caithness, I am sure that having the necesary equipment has not resulted in them sustaining heavy financial losses

You seem to have an understanding of veterinary procedures which maybe comes from a veterinary background. Could you provide us with examples of "..Many vets do alot more than you think for free.."