Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Dogs for sale ads?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dogs for sale ads?

Whats with all the dogs/puppies for sale at the moment?
    There seems to be a lot of ads at the moment.

Its coming up to Christmas, it alus happens
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd like to see a ban on rehoming and pets for sale ads over Christmas time.

I'm sure that will make me unpopular, but it is getting out of hand. The amount of pets rehomed or sold at this time is terrible. It's such a bad time of year to introduce a new pet to a new family/home.

The sellers want money for christmas, and are feeding the "all i want for christmas is a puppy" culture that has arisen with kids nowadays.

My kids never once asked for a puppy..... my husband wanted a dog, I said I would prefer a puppy as can be trained (as we have young children) easier.

We got Jake 3 weeks ago, ok so not the best timing, and a bit sooner than I had anticipated (we were thinking more february/march time) but Jakes litter came up and having seen some pictures, we thought why not.

Fingers crossed these puppies find forever homes and not "oh you are cute.... damn you got big....... I dont want a dog anymore" situations.
    We child proofed the house..... but they keep getting in!

People often don't do any research on the breed they get - all they see is the cute puppy.

It takes lots of effort, time and regular training even once it's an adult dog and the breed they take on might not be suitable for their lifestyle.

Having a puppy for Christmas will often mean that the rescue centres which are already over capacity have to take on unwanted animals after reality kicks in and the poor pups end up in a rescue kennel.

As long as there are people wanting to get puppies as a 'Christmas present' there will be people selling them.

Default Re banning the Christmas puppy ads

http://www.petitiononline.com/annao/petition.html

On my website I run the link above, as a matter of course and for the record may I state that our remaining 4 puppies will not be rehomed at Christmas, in fact if suitable homes cannot be found they may not be rehomed at all.

Some of those on the org who sought to be a new owner of one our dogs, were to say the least, most disappointing and suffice to say only one puppy was rehomed.

As far as I am concerned, our puppies deserve so much more than an oh well, I am doing the owners a favour by taking a puppy off their hands,
    this attitude is not one which we ourselves appreciate,

neither was the attitude taken against me personally whereby I was considered by many to a prime numpty,

Regardless, the 4 remaining puppies will have a long and happy life with or without the help from the caring sharing org.