Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat in need of a good home

Default Cat in need of a good home

Hi everyone,

This is a sad story of a 3 legged cat who needs a home...

A family who lived near me moved house about 4-5 months ago and left their pet cat with 3 legs behind... It's been surviving on roadkill ever since and we hadn't seen it for a while so thought it must have died...

Anyway it's appeared over the last day or so, very thin and hungry and is sheltering in my friends shed. She's feeding it but can't keep it as she has dogs.

The SSPCA and Cats Protection are full up - no room at the inn!

Anyone out there want to give a 3 legged moggy a home? Not sure if it's a he or she or how old it is. It's black with a bit of white on it and very friendly - just wants cuddles!

If interested please email Christine on:cscheuerl@hotmail.com
    Thanks
    treat others as you would want to be treated yourself

I wud love to give the poor thing a home but i have two dogs and as you have said your friend has dogs so am thinking the poor mite does not like dogs hope it finds a new home and soon xxxxx

Default 3 legged cat

Hiya,

The family who left it had dogs too - but depends what your dogs are like with cats... my friends dogs would rather eat it than live with it!
    At least it's safe in the shed for now and not out in the snow with nothing to eat... surely someone out there would have it...

What a sad and horrible story, some people beggar belief really. Well done to you and your friend for helping the poor cat to its forever home. I know there are lots of animals looking for homes at this time of year and I would imagine it would get worse before it gets better, a very sad reflection, yet people still breed or dont neuter.

I hope the right comfy cosy home comes along, poor kitty deserves to be in a warm home for christmas

Have PM'd you Janemac

Very sad it just never surprises me how cruel people are to animals! Hope he or she finds a good home.
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

Any luck yet in finding this wee needy a home.....

Aaww that is just so sad!

Did you report the people, who abandoned the cat, to the SSPCA?

I wish I could offer this poor cat a home but afraid my wee cat Suzy has just got used to Molly so wouldn't be fair to introduce another.

Well done to your friend for feeding the poor wee soul.
    Last edited by Liz; 03-Dec-10 at 19:24.

Default moggy

Hiya,

Have PM'd you Ladybird.

Moggy still in shed. My friend is calling her a 'she' but not sure! She's been eating well, wanting lots of cuddles, is very happy to be picked up and stroked, and has been purring and rolling round on her back... but she didn't want to go out into the snow!
    So, she's still in the shed - but seems pretty happy to have a full belly and attention.

Will keep you updated!

Quote Originally Posted by janemac View Post
    Hiya,

Have PM'd you Ladybird.

Moggy still in shed. My friend is calling her a 'she' but not sure! She's been eating well, wanting lots of cuddles, is very happy to be picked up and stroked, and has been purring and rolling round on her back... but she didn't want to go out into the snow!
    So, she's still in the shed - but seems pretty happy to have a full belly and attention.

Will keep you updated!
    where is the cat, location i mean

Just to let you know that there is a certain 3 legged moggy lying on our couch after having some roast chicken and some milk!

She travelled the 20ish miles in the car without a sound and has been introduced to our dogs - neither they or her seem overly fussed about each other.

Will try to post some photos of her later

Aw thats lovely! Well done you!

Looking forward to the photos

great to see she found a home.

look forward to see pics of her enjoying her new life.

Default moggy

Hi Ladybird,
    So glad she's got a new home... hope you are all happy together!
    Look forward to the pictures!

Awe nice happy news.....

Quote Originally Posted by janemac View Post

"..A family who lived near me moved house about 4-5 months ago and left their pet cat with 3 legs behind..."
    This should be reported to the SSPCA for further investigation. If you know the name (presume you have address) of the people who abandoned cat, it should not be too difficult for them to trace them
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Bless you Ladybird for giving the poor cat such a lovely home! She must think she's in Heaven.

People like you restore my faith in human nature. As for the people who just abandoned her!!!

Oh yes please do post photos!

Awh, she is such a wee poppet, has been as good as gold. She is very busy sleeping in her bed just now, but as soon as a photo
    opportunity arises I will take it!

aww she'll have the life of Riley living with you and the doggles! hurry up with pics xx

Default moggy

Christmas has come early for this wee soul, well done Ladybird for giving her a home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast