Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: despicable act

Default despicable act

a friend of mine was telling me that while walking her dog at Winless forest near wick, another man told her of a guy in a van who had just dumped kittens there in the forest!!!!!! as she walked, and on hearing their voices, the kittens all came out from under the trees. thankfully they caught them except sadly one which ran away. these kittens were obviously tame and had little chance of survival
    what sort of person could do this? there is absolutely NO excuse for such a cruel act!!!
    sorry to put this in general but i think as many folk as possible should see this

A while ago there were pigs left there, it happens quite a lot with various animals

did the other the man not report it to the rspca or the police, this person should be named and shamed .

Wheres winless forest? Has the other kitten been found yet?

Near Wick.
    SSPCA not RSPCA we are in Scotland!
    Same as all the ads on telly asking you to donate to the RSPCA none of the money is used for the SSPCA!
    Sorry its a bugbear of mine..people getting them mixed up!
    Has the cats protection been informed as well?

Castletown (N58deg 35.240/W003deg 22.839)

Angry

That's disgusting behaviour - animal cruelty makes me sick! On this occasion the kittens were very lucky (bar one). Now i'm gonna worry about the one that couldn't be caught

Oh no that is just awful!!!!

There is absolutely no need to do this as the Cats Protection and SSPCA are only a phonecall away to help.

When did this happen Sweep as I know that CP rescued six kittens so this might be them?If it happened recently I have a humane trap which I could set in the forest.
    If it was a while ago I fear that the wee mite who escaped will not have survived.

If the person who was telling your friend about this knows who did this then they should report it to the SSPCA.
    This will no doubt keep happening each time their poor cat has a litter of kittens.
    Why oh why can't everyone get their cats spayed/neutered?!!!!!

Why oh why would someone do this? There are plenty of people willing to take on kittens!!

How old are they? My friend has said she will take 1 or 2 in if they need a home. She has been looking for a while. I will speak to her later and confirm.

Can you let me know if the kittys need homes? It would be nice if they had a warm home for christmas!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Shelley if your friend phones CP they have six kittens which were rescued and think it must be the same ones.

i think kittens are with CPL so those are prob same ones. feel sick thinking about lost one....

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    i think kittens are with CPL so those are prob same ones. feel sick thinking about lost one....
    I take it this happened a wee while ago then sweep?

I would have gone to the forest to try to get the other kitten but fear that the wee mite won't have survived.

How someone could this and go home at night and sleep is beyond me!

I really hope this person is caught or, as I said, he/she will just do this again.

not sure when this happened. i believe the rescuer walks her dog there quite a bit so i suppose she was looking. sadly i think the little tot wouldn't have stood a chance but i still feel like going out to look

The problem is where to look in a forest as it could have run off a fair distance.

I have a humane cat trap you can borrow if you want to try?

Same sort of scenario happened last year. I rescued 2 kittens which were barely 2-3 weeks old. When I seen them at first I thought they were dead as it was over 100 degrees.

They were left in a dump, took them to a vet. They said there wasn't alot they could do as deaths door was around the corner for them. I ended up taking them home in which I knew if the wife seen them, she would want to keep them. A week later they were in pure health.

It is very sad to see animals like kittens or pups getting dumped by cruel and thoughtless *#&@$*

With Xmas round the corner, we are all to aware of this getting repeated.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Yup..the old pet turfed out for a new baby pet in the run up to Christmas.
    then the new pet that is too much bother/hardwork turfed out at the end of January/Febuary when it suddenly dawns on the new owners that its not just a cute ball of fluff but needs time and work ..
    Do most rehoming centres stop rehoming for december?

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    not sure when this happened. i believe the rescuer walks her dog there quite a bit so i suppose she was looking. sadly i think the little tot wouldn't have stood a chance but i still feel like going out to look
    Good for you Sweep. I'd be out like a shot if I lived up there - poor wee thing.

Well done for rescuing these wee kittens teddybear1873.

It's good people like you who make up for the scum who could just dump poor defenceless wee animals and leave them to die.

There is no excuse for unwanted kittens as Cats Protection will help with the cost of neutering/spaying.

The problem is as well that people can get kittens far too easily and then they tire of them and they end up as one of the many strays

Does anyone know when this happened? I'm willing to go out searching and lay a trap if there's any chance at all that it may still be there.

one thing is sure, someone will know who did this. a cat's kittens don't just disappear from the house/shed/outhouse.

All kittens were recovered. There was six in total.

Four were kindly taken by one rescuer, who was going to contact the Cat Protection. The other two kittens (one of which escaped capture till later that afternoon) were homed by a lovely couple who had helped in the morning rescue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast