Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: despicable act

Default Cats

Nice end to that sad tale.

Thanks for the update, snowdrop.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Nice end to that sad tale.

Thanks for the update, snowdrop.
    Even nicer if the culprits get caught, but at least all the kittens are safe and well.

I have no tolerance for any kind of animal cruelty.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

thanks for that snowdrop. grateful thanks to all the rescue party. thank goodness there are kind genuine people out there

Fantastic news.

Tonight's glass of wine with my dinner is a toast- 'To Snowdrop- the bearer of good news'.

Thankyou.

Oh what wonderful news!!!!

I have been thinking about this all day and so worried that there might be a poor kitten all alone starving and cold.

Still wish the culprit could be found or this is going to happen again!

Well done indeed to all involved in helping these wee kittens. You make up for the horrible people capable of such cruelty. xx

Default Names

They probably already are, but if the Kittens aren't named yet I have suggestions:

Sweep, Blondie, Snowdrop, Liz, John Little and Teddybear1873

in memory of this thread and the happy outcome for the Kits

Sorry Kev

Default Cat Names

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    They probably already are, but if the Kittens aren't named yet I have suggestions:

Sweep, Blondie, Snowdrop, Liz, John Little and Teddybear1873

in memory of this thread and the happy outcome for the Kits

Sorry Kev
    I can be hurt...
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

John Little is not a good name for a kitten.

But Duke is!

Default Kittens

Hi Everyone

If anyone knows who dumped these kittens then please be brave enough to let me know. I cannot do anything about this situation unless I have some information to go on. Any information can be given to me anonymously by phoning Balmore and leaving a message with any relevant information. 01847861386 Thanks

Audrey
    SSPCA Inspector

Quote Originally Posted by snowdrop View Post
    All kittens were recovered. There was six in total.

Four were kindly taken by one rescuer, who was going to contact the Cat Protection. The other two kittens (one of which escaped capture till later that afternoon) were homed by a lovely couple who had helped in the morning rescue.

was so worried about the one who escaped when i was reading the post am so glad it was found what lucky kittens they are to have been found xxxxxxxx

I would like to think the kittens were named after the people that rescued them...and if there was more kittens than names, then those that helped look could get a mention rather than us sitting on the org watching....
    Sorry john et al....but the rescue crew deserve more credit!

Default Still missing

The latest info I have from CP this morning is there were 7 Kittens dumped and to date one is till missing. Someone is still looking for it.

I think it is terrible what has been done.

I have had a cat dumped out by my place. She was not even a year old and pregnant. She had her kittens under my garden shed and then to make matters worse, some idiot near where I live set a trap and almost clear took her leg off. As a result, one kitten gone, assumed dead in a trap and the other two kittens being held by me until they are well enough to go to their new home. The mother cat had to have her leg amputated with emergency surgery and now resting happily in my home.

If people are not going to take care of their animals, they should not get one in the first place. I get very upset when I read animals have been abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    The latest info I have from CP this morning is there were 7 Kittens dumped and to date one is till missing. Someone is still looking for it.
    Oh that's not good! I will find out whether I can help to look for it.
    If our wee car can make it out there in this weather that is!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine23 View Post
    I think it is terrible what has been done.

I have had a cat dumped out by my place. She was not even a year old and pregnant. She had her kittens under my garden shed and then to make matters worse, some idiot near where I live set a trap and almost clear took her leg off. As a result, one kitten gone, assumed dead in a trap and the other two kittens being held by me until they are well enough to go to their new home. The mother cat had to have her leg amputated with emergency surgery and now resting happily in my home.

If people are not going to take care of their animals, they should not get one in the first place. I get very upset when I read animals have been abandoned.
    It is kind souls like you who restore my faith in human nature but awful that you have to deal with this because of someone else's cruelty to the poor wee cat.
    I totally agree with you in that people who won't care for pets shouldn't have them but,sadly, too many people get them on a 'whim'' or their wee darling wants a kitten etc Then the novelty wears off and they find the cute wee thing grows up;needs feeding;doesn't look so cute any more etc etc and as a result they abandon it and very often start again!!
    I'm afraid it doesn't help when there are far too many people who have kittens/puppies and will just give them to anyone to 'get rid'!

I had a lovely, heavily pregnant, cat dumped where I live and she came to live with me once she gave birth and weaned her kittens who all found loving homes thanks to CP. She is the loveliest cat and I just cannot imagine how anyone could do this to her.

Have had lots of cats, and once a box of kittens, dumped at my house over the years. Some were found loving homes but others have stayed and now come every night to be fed.

I will contact CP to see whether I can help looking for this kitten. Anyone else who could help please do the same as would be easier if more people were looking for it.

The poor little thing will not have much chance of survival in this weather.
    Would it be best to go in quietly...so not to scare it into hiding even more?
    And look for any pawprints?
    Shaking a pouch of food?
    But looking for an itty bitty cat in trees will be difficult if not near impossible!
    My big car was sliding all over the place getting out of our road onto the main roads and now im home I wont be going anywhere, not because im scared I will get stuck, but because im scared I will get stuck somewhere with the kids in the car!
    Last edited by Dadie; 01-Dec-10 at 14:59.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12