Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: in my garden this morning..

Had a lot of very "aggressive" Starlings, along with some small flocks of Goldfinches, Doves. Up to twenty or so Chaffinches along with Bramblings: and also a pair of Siskiins, but no Greenfinches.

I do have a young male Blackbird, who follows me into the garden and is well within arms length. I usually throw a few bits for him.

I don't know if it's me getting old, but I feel that it's an enormous honour to have a wild creature THAT close. It's a very special feeling.

I'm going now as I may be turning into a totally blubbering mess.

Smile reed buntings and skylark

I'm not very knowledgeable about birds but enjoy putting out food for them especially during this cold spell.

I get all the usual visitors as mentioned by others in this thread but have also recently had quite a few reed buntings and a skylark ( had to look him up in my bird book as had no idea what he/she was.

Had well over 100 starlings sitting in the branches of trees around about our garden yesterday morning - almost felt like a scene from "The Birds" LOL !!

Bitty worried though about one in particular - looks like it has an injured wing; possibly even broken ! It can still "shinny" up the branches to the feeders and I've put down some bread and fresh water, on the ground, near to where it's been sheltering and I did see it eat some - just really concerned for the poor wee mite !!

OH offered to go out and catch it, but I know the stress would possibly kill it, also it can travel at a fair rate of knots on the ground !
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Coal Tits are fairly common in and around coniferous woodlands

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12