Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Pecking my window frame

Default Pecking my window frame

Why has that tit been pecking my window frame all morning? They're plastic brown so not wood. Is there something in the seal?
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Lightbulb

We get birds pecking at our window, eating the little grubs that fly into them. Don't know if this is what yours is, but it can be quite interesting to watch them.

All birds are going to have a tough tiime now. You could help them out with some dried mealworms - Tescos sell them in resealable bags at very reasonable prices. Please put out fresh water every day.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

I'm keeping the feeders topped up (never seen so many little birds - lots of tits plus sparrows, robin, blackbirds, finches, pigeons) and de-iced/cleaned the water bowl. Tennis ball by front door in case that cat comes back to drink their water and frighten them.

Little tit still appeared at the window but no pecking this time, just looked at me. Wish I'd had camera handy. Aren't birds amazing? So small and fragile, yet so tough.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.