Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cat crap

Default cat crap

does anyone know how to keep neighbours cats from crappin in my garden .apart from shotgun or poison

Default cats

They say orange skins are supposed to stop the cats & they don't like water

Nothing works, have tried everything.

Apparently we are just supposed to accept it as they have the right to wonder.

Keep threatening to collect the dogs poo and return the favour, but apparently that aint the done thing.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

get a dog?
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

different people swear by different things, so not sure whats your best:

moth balls, pepper dust, scent off (gel or pellets), chicken manure pellets, silent roar (lion pellets) or sonic repellers

chicken manure pellets or silent roar double up as fertilisers.

You cannae leave the poor dowg out all day, especially not in this weather.

Whichever part of the garden the dog is in the cats just go in the other bit where he can't reach them.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Train the cat to use a toilet

A spray called Cat-a-pult works wonders!
    Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!

Quote Originally Posted by henry20 View Post
    different people swear by different things, so not sure whats your best:

moth balls, pepper dust, scent off (gel or pellets), chicken manure pellets, silent roar (lion pellets) or sonic repellers

chicken manure pellets or silent roar double up as fertilisers.
    I used to live near someone who used a sonic cat repeller, I've no idea if it worked on the cats but I can tell you it wasn't above the human hearing range. If they hadn't turned it off at night (which may defeat the object) they might have found it reduced to small pile of scrap by morning.

Human urine sprayed around the edge of your 'territory' (preferably from a bottle, unless you have a really secluded garden ) is also supposed to keep various animals out. I've heard it has to be from a man as it needs certain hormones to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by molly16 View Post
    does anyone know how to keep neighbours cats from crappin in my garden .apart from shotgun or poison
    If you shoot or poison the neigbours, who's going to feed the cats?
    Last edited by ducati; 23-Nov-10 at 22:12.

Default Cat poo

I used to have that problem.... and it drove me nuts.. However I did manage to win the war in the end.
    Get a couple of packs of those green pea sticks from the garden centre or gardening shops and poke them into your flower beds a couple of inches, leaving quite a long piece above ground. Don't leave gaps between them big enough for a cat to get in and squat, so you use quite alot, and don't space them out too much...

I refrained from sharpening the ends... but it still did the trick! Looks a bit odd to start with too but come spring the flowers and bushes cover them up.

Default this drives me crazy

we have the same problem and it drives me nuts! can never let kids just go out and play without checking the garden first.
    I have heard that a mans urine will sort the problem and bottles of water placed around the garden.
    during the summer last year kids had those little windmill things and we stuck them in the grass and i think that helped a little bit you know the movement and reflection or something.

Default cat crap

You can buy tiger/lion crap online...apparently this keeps them away as when they sniff they assume there is a large feline about and stay away...tho I doubt if tiger/lion poo is great stuff to have about!

Default Cat Crap

Yip, same problem in our garden too..

I put down a mixture of chilli, cayenne and black pepper power in my borders, re-did the black peppper a few times and had no mess in it....so far its done the trick, but now they started on the lawn, what to do is put it down where they do the toilet so they dont come to same spot....

But yes very annoying!!

Try talking to neighbours about cat proofing the garden to keep them in. It's surprisingly easy and they are a lot safer that way. (the cats that is)

Try talking to the cat owners anyway, they may not be aware of the problem.

I think anyone with a cat should have to buy all their neighbours one of these, why should folks who don't have cats have to be out of pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Try talking to neighbours about cat proofing the garden to keep them in. It's surprisingly easy and they are a lot safer that way. (the cats that is)

Try talking to the cat owners anyway, they may not be aware of the problem.

They are definately aware. One day I saw them actually lifting the cat into my garden. To say I had words, is an understatement. They thought I was being unreasonable, but at least they aint done it since.

A super soaker water pistol works well if you can catch the offender in the proccess!
    Cats dont like being soaked.
    Other than that make the ground hard to scrape so they cant dig either with stones or thorny twigs or lots of sticks.
    Appy something they dont like the smell of (loads on the market).
    Wear gloves when gardening!...wont stop them but stops you getting it under your fingernails!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast