Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Importing table - help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Importing table - help!

I've been asked by a friend (whose faith in me is obviously misplaced) if it's possible to import a table into a post. Either from Excel or Word. Nothing I do will please it. It just loses all formatting and appears as a list -

testing
    testing
    testing
    testing
    testing
    testing

Looks fine when first inserted but goes as soon as I preview. Is it possible? Any suggestions? All I can think of now is to print, scan and save as an acceptable file attachment.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Hi, Badger.
    I converted a Word table into tab-separated values and then copy/pasted it. Will that do?

A B C D E
    F G H I J
    K L M N O
    P Q R S T
    U V W X Y
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

"Cheap way". Produce doc as you would - do prtscreen - open in PSP or whatever & tidy up (PSP takes clipboard stuff) - save as graphic - use as you need to.

"A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots"

Thanks Ricco but don't know if that will work as it doesn't really look like a table Not sure how complicated it's going to be but imagine it will need grid lines.

Kingetter - 'scuse me, I can do the prtscreen but what's PSP? Oh, just realised. Hmmm. I know it sounds unbelievable but I don't have it (assume you mean PaintShopPro). Will ask friend if she has. Thanks for that. Meanwhile will mess about and see if I can do it with anything else.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Yup, Paint Shop Pro. I use that method quite a bit for stuff I need but not with great quality. Would probably be ok for the forum messages.

I'll try look out an example if I can.
    I used it to try and teach folk how to use MSN Group sites.

Just made one -