Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pigs

Default pigs

Early Learning centre has removed all pigs from toy sets as ins offending the muslims what next

what a joke!

what a joke!!
    i'd tell them to get stuffed personally.
    poor poor PEPPA PIG and family!!
    do you have a link to where you saw this story?
    Last edited by annemarie482; 17-Nov-10 at 09:06.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

thank goodness for the peppa pig family!!
    glad they are still on our shelves! lol
    seems a bit extreme action all the same though.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

I think this line sums up the basis for most of the PC tosh and crap we have to live with these days, and the over reaction to 'tabloidism':

"These things are often done by other people in the name of minority communities without ever consulting the groups themselves."

It isn't "PC" at all - purely commercial. Muslims do not even say the name pig so if a shop has no little pink things for inquisitive kids to say what's that?............. = more custom.
    I worked with lots pf people who were Muslim - even the not very religious people talked of P. I. G's rather than say the name.
    If you have a coice between upsetting part of the population and not, what is the big deal with choosing not to?

I wonder when the cows will be removed for Hindus?, and why so long ref the pigs; the Jewish faith and all that?
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

I am married to a muslim and he has no problem saying the word pig or pork

As has been said tabloids love a good shock story. I agree with Phills point :

"These things are often done by other people in the name of minority communities without ever consulting the groups themselves."

Look at all the free publicity the Early Learning Centre has got just before Christmas. I bet they sell plenty of these farm sets now.

Call me cynical but its a thought !

This is a Christian country what has happend to common sense think I will go back to bed and stay under the covers.

Pfft another nothing story about no one.
    It seems no one asked for pigs to be removed, no one complained there were pigs in the set and when elc finally got round to actually speaking to someone, no one was remotely offended. What a load of nonsense. Elc should be disciplining someone for stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by ele21 View Post
    Early Learning centre has removed all pigs from toy sets as ins offending the muslims what next
    Is this the start of another anti muslim rant ele21? You deleted the last one you started.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bucket View Post
    This is a Christian country
    Is it ? The last time I went to church it was almost empty compared to many years ago. Churches are closing all over this Christian country many are being sold of for development.I would think that as a country we are no longer quite the same Christian country we used to be.Not just because of the influx of other religions but because of the major decline on our own.Every now and again we here the cry of we are a Christian Country well its a about time we showed it.
    My mother seldom said anything, but her sighs were loud enough

If they went on the assumption of not offending different religions the farmyard would be pretty bare!
    The poor farmer would be better off going arable!
    Imagine pop up neeps...and barley you can flatten with too much water in a playset!

Default golach

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Is this the start of another anti muslim rant ele21? You deleted the last one you started.
    Notintrested what you have to say all you do is critizise people about their spelling your comments are not required go back to yer bed maybe you might wake up nice and no im not anti muslim

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Oh, goodness, i thought it was an 'anti early learning centre' thread!

Dated 16th Nov

Panic over!

"The Children's shop has reinstated toy pigs in a farmyard set after they were removed in case they offended Muslims and Jews. The Early Learning Centre had banished the pig from the HappyLand Goosefeather Farm after it upset some customers.
    But after further feedback it decided to reinstate the pig but no longer sell the set in some international markets.
    Edie Friedman, director of the Jewish Council for Racial Equality, said there had been an "overreaction".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11765420
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Once again the papers seek to divide! If we were such a christian country as quoted earlier then we would not be going to the nonsense that is PCism (I may just have made that word up?).

If we saw other human beings as being just that HUMAN BEINGS and laid all the "religious" stuff to one side then perhaps it would stop this nonsense.

For those that follow religion - where does it say in the bible that you should set yourself above your fellow man ? I doubt it says it anywhere in ANY religion, but the interpretations that individuals have always seem to be that their religion is better or somehow more near god than anyone elses......

I bet all the muslims that live in this country are having a wee chuckle...

A bit like when they banned the golliwogs from the Enid Blyton stories ....

PC gone mad , we are so scared of offending anyone that we appear to be offending EVERYONE....

what about live and let live and support one another???

unless there is a section of the muslim community that is trying to eat the plastic farmyard animals ... .. now that may be a tad dangerous...

K
    Last edited by onecalledk; 17-Nov-10 at 14:40.

What about, when in Rome do as the Romans do....and if people dont like the ways,beliefs, so on and so fourth of our country then they dont have to live here.

what about ditching the fear that they are somehow "different" from "us".
    In another country we are also termed "foreign".

We all live on one planet that is "divided" into countries, thats all. Its that simple. If we moved past the fear of the unknown, and lets face it how much do people ACTUALLY know about other religions other than what the press tell them or they see on tv?

If anyone has ever read about any other religion they will realise that all faiths have similar stories and people in them. Yep they may have a few different names for those in each "holy" book but thats all.

Dont get dragged into the drama of the fundamentalist who is extreme. It would not matter WHAT religion they followed they would out for the same end. Its not about extremists its about fellow human beings....

K

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast