Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: fixing a hifi

Default fixing a hifi

can anyone one give me any info on any local company within caithness that will fix a hifi? i know of chessors but i also know of their poor response time to fix it! thanks folks!
    what goes around, comes around

alacam in thurso

Quote Originally Posted by hails4
    can anyone one give me any info on any local company within caithness that will fix a hifi? i know of chessors but i also know of their poor response time to fix it! thanks folks!
    Dunno if he still does it but hugo ross that has the fishing tackle shop might be worth a try.

Default Hifi

I've had a hifi at Alacams for about 8 months, still not fixed and I had to pay a deposit for them to look at it !! I ended up buying another from the Hydro.
    Duncans in Inverness apparently give a good service.

deary me, so is there no reliable service, i mean i could accept a week or 2 but certainly not 8 months!! half of these "smaller" companies are gurning about the likes of tesco coming, but id say good riddance to them as they deliver unacceptable service!!

Thumbs up

I would certainly agree with using Duncans in Inverness. I fell into the 'Chessor' delay a few years ago. Never again! I've used Duncans twice for my Hi-Fi and a Video player and found them excellent. Down to Inverness in morning for meeting dropped of Hi-fi /Video picked up at night on way home. It would benefit to phone them first and explain the fault.

thanks very much for the tips on Duncan's of Inverness, ill certainly give them a phone!

Castletown (N58deg 35.240/W003deg 22.839)

Default Hi-Fi Repairs

Just spent time looking thru reccommendation pages & general pages for a previous post asking this question, but i can't find it. There is somewhere in Inverness I can remember reading about. I am going down in a couple of weeks and want to get it sorted when i'm there

bringing to the top

just brought the hi-fi thread you were looking for to the top & merged it with this one.

Will now move to Recommendations
    Last edited by Moira; 26-Jan-07 at 01:28. Reason: merging new enquiry

thx Moira - looked back as far as page 81!! Will fone them in morning

Doyle - easiest way is to click on the "Search" option along the top here and put in a few keywords eg "hi-fi repairs". It helps keep the stress levels down

Good tip Moira! Now, does anyone have the phone number or address of Duncans in Inverness?

Duncan's Video Repair

Tel: 01463 712151
    11 Carsegate Rd, Inverness IV3 8EX

Cheers

Ian.
    robertianrae.co.uk
    hutchthedog.co.uk

Duncans will pick up and drop off anywhere, they are usually up here every Tuesday

Thankyou LybsterLass & RIR. I am going down a week on Wednesday but I will give them a phone on Monday and see what they say, cheers!

i have used Telly on the Blink in inverness a couple of times and have found them to be very good
    Scottish by birth, British by law,Highlander by the grace of God.

Got my hifi fixed at Duncans in Inverness on Wednesday. In and back in the same day! Just to let folks know, they don't come up here once a week any more. Thanks for all your help