Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help save Lennox

The story gets worse....the owners of Lennox received a letter yesterday from the solicitor who was supposed to be handling the case on Tuesdy 23rd, withdrawing from the case.....they now have no solicitor to represent Lennox.......unbelievable.
    If anyone out there knows of a solicitor who can help please contact www.savelennox.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    The story gets worse....the owners of Lennox received a letter yesterday from the solicitor who was supposed to be handling the case on Tuesdy 23rd, withdrawing from the case.....they now have no solicitor to represent Lennox.......unbelievable.
    If anyone out there knows of a solicitor who can help please contact www.savelennox.co.uk
    Oh no they could have done without that!!!! Why on earth did the solicitor pull out at such short notice I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Oh no they could have done without that!!!! Why on earth did the solicitor pull out at such short notice I wonder?
    Pressure from the public, he would be open to public scrutiny, why else?

would agree with you Commore....this case is snowballing and gathering momentum, as it should. This crazy BSL law must go....too many innocent dogs being destroyed throughout the UK......Thank God for Caithness the County that Cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Commore View Post
    Pressure from the public, he would be open to public scrutiny, why else?
    would agree with you Commore....this case is snowballing and gathering momentum, as it should. This crazy BSL law must go....too many innocent dogs being destroyed throughout the UK......Thank God for Caithness the County that Cares.
    Yes agree with you both there.

What will happen if they don't get a solicitor? Will Lennox' owners have to represent themselves? It should never have even go this far!

Oh Teenybash I am soooooo glad I live here!

I am not sure what will happen, but I would hope it would go to an adjournment to give the family time to find a lawyer to deal with the case.
    Trouble is, UK solicitors that could/would help can't because they don't have the licence to act in NI.
    A fund has been set up now anticipating that more funding will be needed to hire a top class law person to get the doggy home as the little girls health is deteriorating....What a mess.

Of course that would mean that Lennox will have to spend even more time in that hell hole which will be bound to affect the wee soul's spirit and personality!
    As for the wee girl my heart just aches for her!!

BCC really are the most heartless bleep, bleeps and will not want to lose face by just releasing Lennox.

Absolutely disgusting!!!

One of the councillors has spoken up on behalf of Lennox...hopefully this means BCC are cracking under pressure.
    I would think the family could ask for the court to sho compassion and request Lennox be fostered or rekenneled somewhere warm and clean.
    Just wish I was back in NI as there are over 3 doz people so far attending the proceeding....some are flying in from goodness knows where!!!!

That's good news re the Councillor Teenybash and hope others will follow his example!

I wish I could attend the proceeding but good on those who are. The support for this wee dog and his family is heartwarming so really hope for a 'happy ending'.

Please everyone, light a candle tomorrow for Lennox. The hearing is at 10.30 to 11.30 am.... No solicitor as they pulled out at the last minute and Belfast City Council are pushing for the case to go ahead without the Barnes family having any legal representation......May the judge be a person of compassion and order the Barnes family to have Lennox home as they have broken no law, no rule and no regulations.

Yes agree with you both there.

What will happen if they don't get a solicitor? Will Lennox' owners have to represent themselves? It should never have even go this far!

Oh Teenybash I am soooooo glad I live here!
    They could conduct there own case and have a "McKenzie friend" for support,
    and unless the council can come up with fact/s about lennox being dangerous, I think the courts have little choice other than to throw the case out.

Another way to look at ths is why haven't those holding lennox sought to have him destroyed well before now, had they been in a position to prove beyond any doubt that he is or was dangerous, there would have been no problem in obtaining the necessary paperwork, a long time ago.

I am beginning to think that this is all a case of the powers at be have boobed big style and the world widespread publicity has made them nervous and if the court/s (fingers crossed) throw out the case, they themselves don't have to shoulder all the blame, f you get my drift.

I do hope this family are reunited with their pet tomorrow or asap afterwards, but I do wonder the effect all of this separation has had on the dog itself,
    a person can deal with stress, they can after a fashion cope, but what of the poor animal, how will it cope?

Please everyone, light a candle tomorrow for Lennox. The hearing is at 10.30 to 11.30 am.... No solicitor as they pulled out at the last minute and Belfast City Council are pushing for the case to go ahead without the Barnes family having any legal representation......May the judge be a person of compassion and order the Barnes family to have Lennox home as they have broken no law, no rule and no regulations.
    Well Belfast City Council can push all they like, but their opponent regardless of who they are are legally entitled to legal representation,
    in fact, they must ask for the case to be deferred until they can find a representative, simply they themselves would not under normal circumstances
    have a right of audience within the court.

the law, is the law and it is not just there to be at the convenience of Belfast City Council.

Todays the day then,getting updates on facebook,and dont want to leave the computer.Really hope all goes well for Lennox.

The case has been adjourned until Dec 7th to give extra time to find legal representation....let's hope the donations keep rolling in via FB to help Lennox hire the best of the best. So sad a little disabled girl is being denied her special friend......Keep following.

The case has been adjourned until Dec 7th to give extra time to find legal representation....let's hope the donations keep rolling in via FB to help Lennox hire the best of the best. So sad a little disabled girl is being denied her special friend......Keep following.
    Oh no!!! This means that Lennox has to be spend even more time in the hell hole he's in!!
    Where on FB do I send a donation Teenybash? xx

So frustrating,he's got to stay there for longer,they should atleast be able to visit him.

Quote Originally Posted by merlzin View Post
    So frustrating,he's got to stay there for longer,they should atleast be able to visit him.
    Even prisoners who have committed terrible crimes are allowed visitors so why doesn't this wee dog, who is innocent, have the same right?

Yeh exactly,it's disgusting.He's such a sweetie.

Oh no!!! This means that Lennox has to be spend even more time in the hell hole he's in!!
    Where on FB do I send a donation Teenybash? xx
    Go onto Save Lennox page and click the arrows at top left, they look something like this. >>
    Fell really gutted for this poor dog....maybe this case being so public it will help get rid of BSL, a cruel unfeeling piece of legislation that is destroying family pets...the easy targets.

Well at least that is something in the favour of the family, it is also an indication of the court and their feeling toward the seemingly oppressive behaviour from the council.
    Fingers crossed from this end.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast