Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help save Lennox

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I can't understand why they can't just pass a law to say that all 'dangerous' breeds have to be muzzled when in public?

Surely, that would solve the problem or am I being naive?

Wouldn't help those situations where someone is attacked on private land though.

I understand the need for certain laws but this 'Pitbull type' one is just ridiculous as it's too generic. It could potentially affect many other breeds that are deemed to be one of those included in the'type' profile.
    Depending on the country this could include the Mastiff, Boxer, Rotterweiler, Bulldog even Pointer in some countries. It's ridiculous to suggest that some of those are 'Pitbull type'

I'd be most interested to know what definition of 'Pitbull type' this particular council are using. They must be able to define it because Lennox is not a Pitbull par se.
    If their definition icludes any of the above breeds or any of the others used in the 'Pitbull type' description then surely they should be enforcing it on every breed of dog included? They won't though cos they'd never get away with enforcing it on say a Pointer.
    However, if those breeds are included in the 'type' description and nothing is done then I don't see how they can discriminate against Lennox.

But then again I'm no legal bod and I'm sure the council will get away with whatever they want.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Lennox is always muzzled when in public....but still not good enough in NI.
    That is total madness!!!! What harm can a dog do if it's muzzled?

That is total madness!!!! What harm can a dog do if it's muzzled?
    Depends on how you look at it.
    A dog can still attack with a muzzle on. Granted its teeth can't do any damage but its claws can and it can be ruddy frightening for a dog to have a go whether it's muzzled or not.

I believe Lennox was always on a lead in public so it shouldn't have been an issue anyway.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo View Post
    Depends on how you look at it.
    A dog can still attack with a muzzle on. Granted its teeth can't do any damage but its claws can and it can be ruddy frightening for a dog to have a go whether it's muzzled or not.

I believe Lennox was always on a lead in public so it shouldn't have been an issue anyway.
    Yes I suppose you have a point. However, as you say Lennox' owners have done everything by the book so he should never have been taken from them!!!

I certainly wouldn't want to live in Northern Ireland!!

I can't quite seem to gather a comprehensive legal position on this situation.
    I assume that the councils definition of 'Pitbull type' will be asugested on the KC website with Pitbull Terrier being one of those breeds. The other breeds on there don't even affect Lennox.
    But if that is so then if the owners can prove Lennox is not a Pitbull Terrier then they should be onto a winner.
    There are apparantly guidances set out as to what characteristics to look for when deciding if a dog is a Pitbull Terrier and I can't imagine the 2 measurements taken by the dog warden will suffice.

Also from what the KC say it is not illegal to own a 'Pitbull type' if certain conditions are met and followed. Lennox's owner already conforms to those conditions.

Next it says that although temperment won't make a conclusive decision, it can be taken in account and does have some affect.
    I imagine enough people can be testament to Lennoxs temperment.

This whole situation seems bizarre to me as it's becoming more apparant that the council have not and are not following procedure.

I cannot believe that an official breed diagnosis has not been made.
    Problem is, the council can just sit back and do nothing. It's down to the owner to prove he's not a Pitbull.

There was a radio broadcast devoted to Lennox.

You can listen to it on http://www.karishmeh.com/offbeatmusicplayer.html

I have to confess I haven't listened to it yet as know I will

http://www.maria-daines.com/music-106.html
    click the mp3 link to hear the song written for lennox
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Looks like the "******* Devil Dug" off o Still Game!

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    http://www.maria-daines.com/music-106.html
    click the mp3 link to hear the song written for lennox
    Thanks Unicorn. Don't think I can listen to it yet as know I will

For those of you on Facebook please nominate Brookes Barnes,who is Lennox's 11 year old owner, for a BCC Young Peoples award.

Let's really pee them off!!!!

Default Re Lennox

I am appalled by ths story and shocked at the picture of Lennox,
    I can only imagine the distress being suffered by the dog and his family,

I am not on facebook / Bebo etc but I do have several websites and I have put the link on those, I also have sent the link to my friends who also have websites, and I have signed the petition.

Ireland and the Irish have had for a long time, been known for their blatant disregard for canines,
    deplorable, disgusting treatment of family pets thrown onto the street,

Lennox is another twist in the generally accepted irish way.

Quote Originally Posted by Commore View Post

I am not on facebook / Bebo etc but I do have several websites and I have put the link on those, I also have sent the link to my friends who also have websites, and I have signed the petition.

Ireland and the Irish have had for a long time, been known for their blatant disregard for canines,

Thanks for putting the link on your websites and sending it to your friends.
    There are so many people condemning the BCC and, in particular, the Dog Warden for the unforgivable treatment of Lennox and his devastated family.

I really hope they listen to all the people calling for Lennox to be set free!
    Last edited by Liz; 14-Nov-10 at 20:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Commore View Post

You are a treasure for signing the petition and putting the link on your websites and involving your friends. There are tens of thousands of people supporting the Save Lennox campaign.....it's heart warming that so many care for a wee dog they have never met.

Just wanting to bump this back up.

Lennox's court date is next week so we're trying to get as much publicity for the case as possible.

Best Friends Animal Society responded to an email I sent and their request for info has been passed onto LENNOX'S family. They are based in Utah, so his story is threading it's way far and wide. Hopefully more join the campaign in seeking justice for this wee soul and the thousands of others who could face the same appalling fate.

Do you have the contact details for Lennox's family Teenybash?

It is really good the BFAS replied to you.

I got a couple of RTs (retweets) on Twitter but,sadly, not from any of the celebs I tweeted. I did hear though that Sinitta did RT re Lennox.
    I just wish she would show it to Simon Cowell like I asked her to.

I just think it would help if we got a well known celeb involved.

Still hoping that people power will be enough!

Do you have the contact details for Lennox's family Teenybash?

It is really good the BFAS replied to you.

I got a couple of RTs (retweets) on Twitter but,sadly, not from any of the celebs I tweeted. I did hear though that Sinitta did RT re Lennox.
    I just wish she would show it to Simon Cowell like I asked her to.

I just think it would help if we got a well known celeb involved.

Still hoping that people power will be enough!
    I don't have their email but Sarah Wewillremember them Chapman does and it was she who kindly passed on the info to the Barnes family.
    If you contact her on FB she will email them for you.
    Lennox is now gathering momentum with newspapers, magazines, radio now all taking up the fight to save him and disgrace Belfast City Council.
    Just keep on doing what you are doing and though we feel the frustration let's keep fanning the flames to save Lennox......xx

http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/...ory-of-lennox/

Please read of the horror and injustice..........and the sadness.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...63396800756ase ........help end BSL.......
    Throughout the UK and further afield this inhumane law has caused thousands of uneeded deaths.
    I know this is Caithness and this is Pets Corner, but please help others all over the world keep their pets safe.

Signed the petition and shared the link. Sad beyond words. My daughter rescued an American bulldog several years ago and she is the most perfect, gentle, loving softie I have ever met. How can he people upholding this law sleep at night? I hope Lennox's story has a happy ending.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast