Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Starling feeding frenzy!

Default Starling feeding frenzy!

Ive decided to put up a few more feeders up in the garden including a pole feeder which includes the tray for food and one for water.
    In 2 days the squadran of frenzed Starlings have eaten us out of house and home going through 2kg of seed!
    By putting the pole feeder up i thought id attract the robins and other feeders but no ive just had the Starlings back who just simply ride/bully over the top of the other ones and hoover the lot up!
    Can i do anything about this ?

There are feeders available that have a globe like guard with just large enough holes to allow the smaller birds access which might solve the problem, we were looking at them in " The Factory Shop," in Thurso as like yourself we are finding the starlings are wiping us out.

Thansk Liz i will have a look at them ...next problem lol!

CATS we have just chased 2 away this morning from stalking the birds! becoming a nightmare this !

Im away to get me gun .............

Squirt the cats with water every time you see them..........they soon get the message and it doesn't give any pain