Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Britain’s youngest Mum and Dad's

Default Britain’s youngest Mum and Dad's

Did anyone watch this? There was a young couple on there who had 3 kids. The first was born with Down's Syndrome the second was born with Cerebral palsy, and finally the third was healthy. These parents were so good, very loving didnt let things get them down 3 happy kids who were very much loved. It was a good programme and apart from one young lassie it really shrugged off the very stereotypical image of a young mum. Well done to all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by newpark View Post
    Did anyone watch this? There was a young couple on there who had 3 kids. The first was born with Down's Syndrome the second was born with Cerebral palsy, and finally the third was healthy. These parents were so good, very loving didnt let things get them down 3 happy kids who were very much loved. It was a good programme and apart from one young lassie it really shrugged off the very stereotypical image of a young mum. Well done to all of them.
    Yeah i watched it and couldnt believe how the couple with the three kids coped, they didnt let it bother them that their children had a disability. They were all really good except one who took a bit longer to bond with her child, it was a good show and i hope it has showed younger ones that its difficult with a baby, I was 18 when i had my daughter and i found it hard, could never imagine having one at 13/14. Well done to all the young mums and dads that took part in the show

I too thought it was good how the majority of the young parents in the programme coped very well with their offspring. However I saw a news report recently saying that there should be more help given to young teenage parents as they are being overlooked and I thought to myself the well used expression "If you can't do the time then don't commit the crime".

Many people have started families "unexpectedly" and, regardless of the parents age, it comes as a shock to the system. Likewise bonding with your child is something which doesn't always happen automatically or instantly, no matter what your age.

So why do teenagers need to be singled out for extra help? Because many are not mature enough to cope - in which case they should be taking the proper precautions or abstaining until they ARE mature enough to cope with the ramifications of their actions.

I watched it last night and much was what i expected to see but the couple with the 3 kids when they got married at end the tears were rollin doon my cheeks! Can anyone remember how old she was when she had the first wee boy? It was amazing to see a couple who'd stayed together from such a young age and had gone through what they had and were still madly in love.
    I was inspired!

Yes i watched this and couldnt belive how well they all coped as it aint easy having a child full stop no matter what age you are!!!!Well done to all of them for taking responsibility at such a young age that may sound a bit patronising but it isn,t ment that way.

And i felt that the couple who had the children with disabilitys were very good role models to people who have children of any age. My cousin has cerebal palsey and i watched my aunty struggle at times and it was heart wrenching for her to watch her child go in and out of hospital. So i just wish this family all the best in the future.