Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: imaginery sunset

Default imaginery sunset

Interesting, have you merged two images in order to get the light source fron both directions?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    Interesting, have you merged two images in order to get the light source fron both directions?
    Or perhaps the castle is cut from a different photo and pasted onto a sunset photo?
    Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 04-Nov-10 at 21:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    Or perhaps the castle is cut from a different photo and pasted onto a sunset photo.
    One does realise that the original photograph does state "Imaginery" ???

So at what point does one have a problem with "so called" cut and pasting?... especially when some "so called" photographs have been altered to such an extent, with colour/exposure that they are no longer "real".....
    Last edited by Iffy; 04-Nov-10 at 20:59.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Iffy View Post
    One does realise that the original photograph does state "Imaginery" ???

So at what point does one have a problem with "so called" cut and pasting?... especially when some "so called" photographs have been altered to such an extent, with colour/exposure that they are no longer "real".....
    One was aware of the title.

One does not have a problem with anything.

Where did one write that one had a problem?

Lizz asked if it was 2 images merged with a different light source.

I suggested it could have been cut and paste,both methods could give you the imaginary sunset.
    At no time did one criticise it,at no time did one imply anything.

So why the rant?Why slag my photos when i havent even said one solitary bit of negativity here to the OP or towards you, its almost like you just made up the fact i had a problem so you could have a go at me no matter what.Dont tell me your one of those orgers with 2 names and your other half is a bit miffed with me.I've been trying to figure out why you would write it with such attitude and what reason there would be for that "attitude" other than getting your own back on behalf of your alter ego.
    Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 04-Nov-10 at 22:14.

Default imaginary sunset

yes 2 photos castle is sinclair&girngoe the sunset is the beauly firth
    just a bit of messing around with cs5

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    One was aware of the title.

One does not have a problem with anything.

Where did one write that one had a problem?

Lizz asked if it was 2 images merged with a different light source.

I suggested it could have been cut and paste,both methods could give you the imaginary sunset.
    At no time did one criticise it,at no time did one imply anything.

So why the rant?Why slag my photos when i havent even said one solitary bit of negativity here to the OP or towards you, its almost like you just made up the fact i had a problem so you could have a go at me no matter what.Dont tell me your one of those orgers with 2 names and your other half is a bit miffed with me.I've been trying to figure out why you would write it with such attitude and what reason there would be for that "attitude" other than getting your own back.
    No, I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to be "miffed" with you; I "write" on this forum as I see fit actually; I certainly don't need a "second name" !! Tho, I think that maybe ... one argues a bit too strongly in their own defence.......
    Last edited by Iffy; 04-Nov-10 at 22:24.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Iffy View Post
    No, I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to be "miffed" with you; I "write" on this forum as I see fit actually; I certainly don't need a "second name" !! Tho, I think that maybe ... one argues a bit too strongly in their defence.......
    You write as you see fit! So having a go at me for no reason whatsoever is acceptable is it?
    I wouldn't need to argue in my defence if it werent for the "attacks".You would think you were after my scalp or something!!!

Default Apology to MPH

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerly apologise to Mystical Potato Head with regards to my previous comments. My comments were totally out of order and aggressive; ...sorry

Quote Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
    yes 2 photos castle is sinclair&girngoe the sunset is the beauly firth
    just a bit of messing around with cs5
    Well your 'messing around' has produced a beautiful photo.

Thank for the image here are the results of my painting sorry is crap took pic on my mobile

Last edited by demac-artist; 14-Nov-11 at 00:15.
    New website for the Arts http://www.highlandartshub.freeforums.org Its Free and Its full of the latest arts news in Caithness and Highlands

How can a picture turn into a cat fight????

Quote Originally Posted by demac-artist View Post
    Thank for the image here are the results of my painting sorry is crap took pic on my mobile

Really like the first painting!

Nice work Mufasa - remember to try "defringe" (layers menu) to remove any "halo" issues between layers and its always better to try and match photos that have a similar general "focus," though I appreciate that as Lizz mentions the different lighting sources gives this a surreal vibe anyway (which I presume is the point anyway).

As for the aforementioned "debate" - one of the main reasons I post so little on this board these days!!

Keep up the good work.

Demac (are you a relation ;-)) - nice painting
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk