Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Gaelic community

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Gaelic community

Are there any Gaelic speaking people in the Thurso area who meet regularly?

Am just starting to learn and find it vital to speak the language regularly in order to remember / practice as well as broaden the vocabulary.

Pls pm me if you have relevant info. Thanks.

i used to speak fluant gaidhlig, from nursery untill i left high school. i do remember a bit but if thrown into a situation where i have to use it, it does come back to me. i could be interested in this also, would be good to brush up on it.

so, thats 2 so far, and i see both from halkirk any1 else?

Another one here in Castletown.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'm a beginner but I'd be interested. I'm near Halkirk.

I'd love to learn the language. I used to be fluent in Gaelic (Irish) until I left school too many years ago to remember! I can recognise many words which are either the same or similar, so hopefully I shouldn't find it too difficult. I'm in Latheron
    Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!

I know of a tutor in Castletown ... could ask her how much she would charge if there were 3-4 people in a class.

Could you all do daytime?
    Wouldn't want to do evenings due to the weather.

thanks.

Hi there Folks,

Cli Gaidhlig are running a day-course on Saturday January 15th 2011 ... 10am - 3pm... in the Pentland Hotel, Thurso. Closing date for registration is Monday January 10th. For further information please ask for Seonag on 01463 226710

or

seonag@cli.org.uk

Please forward this info to anyone you think may be interested in taking part.

Mile taing/many thanks

Just attended the taster session in Caithness Horizons this afternoon. I found it very informative, and hope that they can get enough people to make a class for full lessons. If anyone else is interested, they hope to have another taster session later in the year.
    Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!